Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mad Max Gigahorse

Ridge Rider

Thanks Richard and all followers.  The intercoolers are done and  I did  some work on the turbos.

002.thumb.JPG.b89bf3aafcce7a3786befb4b9a

In doing the studying of this vehicle it appears that there is an insulated wrapped tank under the intercoolers and between the front shock towers.  It also appears that what look like fuel tanks are dummies that lead to nowhere.  This seems more apparent in the under construction video where the vehicle is driven with only single small air and hydraulic tanks mounted. Start at 7:46 in this video.      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L67BiENzYs  If anyone has more info or better insight I would appreciate it or this is how I am going to build it.  Thanks

I modified a parts box transfer case and am working on locating points and drive line connections.

gigahorse_002.thumb.JPG.b639881a8686c9a6gigahorse_001.thumb.JPG.08b541015cad7313

Thanks for looking.  Steve

Edited by Ridge Rider

More fantastic work! I think you are pulling our leg, this isn't 1/25 scale. Your amount of detail would have the uninformed thinking this must be 1/12 or bigger.

The axle gussetting and shock towers, heck the entire chassis is outstanding. 

Thanks everyone.  Getting closer on the transfer case to driveline structure.  This is all just a guess as to what it might look like.

gigahorse_002.thumb.JPG.253b3287fb7ce513gigahorse_004.thumb.JPG.3e011f7c3cae506b

The alternator and hydro pump are parts box with modified caddy engine pulleys and wire for belts.

gigahorse_009.thumb.JPG.73821a9e952ac95f

Finished the headers.

gigahorse_020.thumb.JPG.08e40884777f717f

A rough mockup.  Finished the intakes, motor mounts and added oil filter structure to the blocks.

gigahorse_019.thumb.JPG.b85586e59f264e19

It's still fun building this thing-thanks for looking. Steve

Edited by Ridge Rider

I just saw a picture somewhere over the weekend of a version of this thing with Hemi's in it... can't remember where I saw it.. but it was crazy. I thought it might have been yours at first until I looked closer! 

I've really enjoyed following this project. You are doing a fantastic job!

I do have one question.. Where did you get the transfer case?

Scott

Thanks Scott.  The transfer case came from the Lindberg Weird-ohs Dodge Monster Truck pictured in the first post of this build.  It was sectioned about 1/4" to make the driveline work but that was the source.

What a great idea using wire for the engine drive belts! 

What was the source of the wire? It looks like you might have used paperclips,

Thanks for sharing the idea.

David G.

Thanks Lloyd, David.  It was just a spool of dollar store wire I picked up several years ago.  After I bent it I thought the same thing when it was laying on the workbench.  I would have loved to find something in the parts box that would work with little to no modification, but didn't, so I had to get creative.  There has been a lot of that on this project :D

There is so much imagination and innovational in this build that I hope you will consider creating a photo album of the in process photos you are sharing with us and having it on diplay wherever the completed model will be displayed.

So I wanted all this  structure to be sturdy but minimalist as to not distract from everything else.  The 1:1 seems to be built this way because I cannot see any of it in pictures that are available.  The long pins holding the intercoolers will eventually tie into and hold up the center turbos 

gigahorse_001.thumb.JPG.58bead962abc3be0 

This was  pretty tedious but again I'm pleased with the outcome.  Thanks for looking.  Steve 

gigahorse_009.thumb.JPG.57bb6d0bc0ef074cgigahorse_011.thumb.JPG.9fc01afa2fe29909gigahorse_012.thumb.JPG.bd05e964e3d88315gigahorse_013.thumb.JPG.587e3d36b4a2786agigahorse_015.thumb.JPG.970b85476060f868gigahorse_019.thumb.JPG.8338c924d09c4816gigahorse_021.thumb.JPG.e90a8d520996aba7

Edited by Ridge Rider