Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth W900

Hey guys,

this is my first work of art, the W900 from revell. I thought I'd show you the truck you saw in the background of the T900 pictures. This was not "built" by me, but repaired by me after it suffered at the hands of a five year old me several years ago. I was always told not to touch, so, as all kids do, I did the opposite, and played with it until it broke. I repaired it after several months of aircraft modelling, and after dad saw my work, gave the the T900 kit to build. So, the truck has the Cat C240 under the hood, 18 speed transmission, and by the looks of things, resides in Palm Springs, California. ( is that a real place?) you can see evidence of my breakages and repairs, with a crooked mudflap and broken light and Ariel brackets, and missing fuel caps on both sides. Other things that fell off were the exhausts, the bonnet, which sadly could not be put back on its hinges, the mirrors had fallen off, but were thankfully not broken. It now enjoys watching me build my next model plane or truck from its place on its shelf. Thanks for looking guys! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good work, Kid....Not too shabby a repair job.....You'll find as your skills sharpen, some of those things that seem impossible to you now, you'll be able to do without a problem.....The more kits you do, the better you'll get.....Practice makes "perfect".....It's great to look back at some of your earlier works and compare them to what you're presently doing.......In 10 years, you'll see what I'm talking about......You've done a fine job....

Edited by kilrathy10

Nice repair job.  Your W900 looks really nice.

Yes, Palm Springs, California, is a real place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Springs,_California  It's a resort community down near Los Angeles & San Bernardino.  That's not a Palm Springs phone number, though.  There are too many digits in the last section.  US phone numbers are 123-4567.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words! I hope to have another truck on the workbench soon, just deciding which one to buy, and what aftermarket parts I want for it. Any suggestions on a truck kit?

Depending on you budget and ambition......If you're looking to hone your skills a bit without breaking the bank, I'd suggest you go after something like a Snap KW or Pete to work on your paint skills....Or, if that's too easy, then snag one of the International Prostar or Lonestar kits......They don't disappoint......Both are WAY COOL..... 

Edited by kilrathy10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...