Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cayuse

Scale-Master

Because I stole the headers for my ’73 Camaro from the ’69 Camaro kit, and I had a ’70 Mustang kit at my feet…

DSC06338_zpszj760lrg.jpg

DSC06345_zpslzp5pduc.jpg

DSC06350_zpslhtgogwi.jpg

Getting the Camaro fender accent lines to work with the Mustang rear took a little figuring.  I added some styrene strips to extend the lines and faired it all together.

DSC06351_zpsscws7qkr.jpg

DSC06352_zpspveomwro.jpg

DSC06353_zps4v3su1te.jpg

Edited by Scale-Master

Very interesting indeed!

I think if you changed the shape of the rear side windows (maybe just fill them in completely?), it would help disguise the top's Mustang origins. Unless, of course, you want it to be obvious that that's where it came from.

Edited by Snake45

Interesting concept in here! Those Camaro and Mustang bodies fit surprisingly well together and that creation looks like something that could have been done back then! Nice work combining those two bodies into one. I'll gotta keep watching this one.

Love the concept, and your execution of the roof swap looks well thought out. I tried this many years ago in plastic, but never finished the swap. I saw this resin car on the internet, and its now on my build list, but in 1/18 Diecast. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,

Lance

camaro-kit-finished.png

Thanks guys.  I'm not sure how feasible it would be in 1:1 though, at least not with these proportions.  Keep in mind the Camaro parts are 1/25th scale and the Mustang parts are 1/24th.

I added inboard lights and made a ’68 GT500-esque grille for another ’69 Camaro several years ago.  That project stalled so I borrowed it for this car.

I reworked the windshield trim and A-pillars.  I also rescribed all the trim and panel lines.