Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Pontiac Ventura

crazyjim

Thanks for the heads up on the tail lights and the wheels. The part #48 I think are for stock height spindles and the #49 look like a lowered height. I'm using the #49's since I usually lower my builds anyway. As for the air cleaners, I think that there is an overlap between the Ventura and the upcoming  Catalina. This may explain the unmentioned part #49 and #93 air cleaners. If Moebius stays true to form we will see a NASCAR edition at some point. I can see where they could get as many or more sales out of this kit and various versions of it than they saw with their Hudsons.

Wayne Stevens put pics of a NASCAR version on Facebook.  Sorry, but I don't know how to put a link over here.  I asked Moebius about the part numbers and was told to ignore them if the parts weren't on the instructions.  Poor answer.

• 7 months later...

She's a beauty Jim!

I love the color!

In fact I love it so much, I used a very similar color for a '61 Bonneville build I did a couple of years ago.

The factory color is called "Richelieu Blue" & the color you chose looks very close.

Nice work!

Steve

photo 61Bonneville011_zps91a732ca.jpg

Did you mix your own paint to get Richelue Blue I plan on doing this color for my 61 Ventura kit awesome job