Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 A-12 Road Runner

Mercelo

Hey Gasser59, l found the resin caster for you.....Perrysresin.com.... $18.00 US for the 69 Road Runner 440 six pack conversion, gets you the hood, grill, wheels, bench seat. Good luck!

Thanks so much Marcelo. I'll get right on it.

On edit: Perry's now only sells in his hobby shop and at shows and since he's in Ontario and I'm in Arizona - fat chance of hooking up with him. 

Edited by gasser59

Extremely nicely done!! Q: did you use Keith Marks decals?

Hello Dann, to be honest, l often use Keith Marks decals, l like his quality and accuracy.  The thing is...having built this model back in '09, l'm trying to recall, but l think l did, because l remember ordering some '68 GTX decals for another project, at the same time. 

Thanks so much Marcelo. I'll get right on it.

On edit: Perry's now only sells in his hobby shop and at shows and since he's in Ontario and I'm in Arizona - fat chance of hooking up with him. 

Oh, sorry to hear that. It was about six years ago when l had ordered the resin. Thank you for the update though.

Rt_14panel-th.thumb.jpg.d19100a5792df126Well done! Great detail work. Not a very common color for an A 12 car.

I'm also doing an A 12 road runner.

Ah, in  Jersey I see.

I know of a few pretty quick A12 cars in your neck of the woods ( a green one and a black one )

That looks great! Very nice and clean work overall, everything seems to be just right. Nice color choice and those wheels and tires look spot on with rest of the car too. Great job detailing the grill and engine bay, both look very realistic. Nice work.

Good photography means nothing can hide, and your build is fantastic.  Delicate application of color, good choices of matte and gloss finishes, and look at how those tires stand out (or stand down) to the black wheels.  Great color combo.  

Thank you so much to everyone. Your comments are much appreciated and inspiring.  I'm glad you all like the ole' RR, I wanted to create something kind of odd or different color scheme wise...I was going to go with a black vinyl originally, and last minute I changed my mind to white, just to make it look a little more "out there".