Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Hudson Hornet

Chuck Most

This is the fifteenth Moebius Hornet I've built, but it's the first mechanically stock one out of all of them. Even then, I added a few period accessories- the kit supplied visor, some wire wheels from the '54 Club Coupe, and fog and spot lights from the spares box. Yes, the antenna is thick as a brick, but at least it shows up in photos. :lol: I also added a couple of red "reflective strips" to the taillight panel after seeing something similar on a 1:1 Hornet. Paint is Testors Teal acrylic. I used a MAD prewired distributor- pity that it's mostly hidden in the engine bay.

003_zpsw4jgyr5g.jpg

004_zpswj72kogf.jpg

005_zpsqqc48wct.jpg

006_zpsg4uwpadn.jpg

Edited by Chuck Most

Just LOVED it!!

Don't worry, I have about 15 built 1957 Fords, so, no, you are not crazy (at least you are not alone if you are).

The colors are great, and the foil work is very sharp, as usual. 

I like the '53 a lot more than the '54, and the only thing I would change is exactly replacing the wire wheels from the '54, in favor of the '53 wheel covers.  Well, taste is like belly buttons. Everybody has its own. 

Absolutely beautiful. And as always, your foil work is first rate.

For all the great Hudson kits you've built and posted here, I think Moebius owes you a huge thank you. I don't think there's a better spokesman out there for the Moebius Hudson kits than you. Yet another home run. B)

I like the wires on this. The full discs are nice, but the wires add that special something. 

The colors are nice- not really "stock," but certainly appropriate for something like a late-model repaint. That said, that teal is in the same family as Symphony Blue-Green, so it's not too far off, either.

All that aside, it's a beautiful end product.

Charlie Larkin