Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ollie's strike again

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

Great Dane trailer is all my Ollie's has left

Gee I wished it was my local ollies, But none of the three around my area has any. Like I said Van Wert only has two types of air craft and the nike missle from atlantis and the lowly Mach 5 speed racer all which haven't sold many since early Feb. Can't seem to trade much on the forum, guess what I have to trade no one want's.. 

The Tilghman St, Allentown, Pa. store got the AMT '29 Roadster PU/Woody. I picked up 2. It looks like there was nearly a full case there. As others said, it seems that stuff is staying on the shelves longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good news everyone! I just discovered I have a local Ollie's. Turns out it opened sometime around September of last year and I'm just finding out about it. I went to jo check it out today and... I was disappointed. All they had were some atlantis military kits, the amt 63 Studebaker Avanti, the green hornet car, Wacky Racers, and the 2005 Cadillac Escalade. The only one I would be remotely Interested in would be the Studebaker, I just hope they get more in.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FoMoCo66 said:

Good news everyone! I just discovered I have a local Ollie's. Turns out it opened sometime around September of last year and I'm just finding out about it. I went to jo check it out today and... I was disappointed. All they had were some atlantis military kits, the amt 63 Studebaker Avanti, the green hornet car, Wacky Racers, and the 2005 Cadillac Escalade. The only one I would be remotely Interested in would be the Studebaker, I just hope they get more in.

These model car deals come in waves. Before this most recent wave a few months ago there was little to nothing on their shelves for model cars for a looong time based on the inactivity in this thread. I would just keep your eye on this thread to see when stuff heats up again. We also just had our first Ollies open near me last fall. I've been in there six times in the last 6 months and only found anything worthwhile once, and 2 or three times there were absolutely ZERO model car kits.

• Sad 1

Went into Ollie's in Middletown NY yesterday and while they had nothing worthwhile on the shelves the handwritten sign said "Model Kits $19.99". The kits themselves were marked the usual $12.99 so I don't know if this is the shape of things to come or someone having a brain fart.

• Like 1

Just heard a rumor there is going to be an Ollie's opening in a former grocery store near me. There is one around 25 miles away, but this one will be only 8 miles away and is in the town where I do most of my shopping. Plus it is in the same strip mall as Harbor Freight, O'Reilleys, and my bank (oops).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LennyB said:

Went into Ollie's in Middletown NY yesterday and while they had nothing worthwhile on the shelves the handwritten sign said "Model Kits $19.99". The kits themselves were marked the usual $12.99 so I don't know if this is the shape of things to come or someone having a brain fart.

Brain fart!....🙄

13 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Just heard a rumor there is going to be an Ollie's opening in a former grocery store near me. There is one around 25 miles away, but this one will be only 8 miles away and is in the town where I do most of my shopping. Plus it is in the same strip mall as Harbor Freight, O'Reilleys, and my bank (oops).

I wish they would open one up in Dearborn... A hobby lobby would be nice also...🙄🙁