Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT '49 Ford 'Gasman"

pharoah

The box art on the side looks very much like the box top on the new reissue. If you don't like the 5 spokes and want wheels that look like those on the box art I'll trade you with what ever I have that is close. I just prefer the old Americans.  

• Like 1

I saw this on The Bay,but it's the old kit. Is this the one that's being reissued?

If it is,it probably won't have those custom wheels. Probably the same old 5 spokes..  Nice art...

49_box.jpg

Actually, according to Collectormodel.com, the Reactor Wheels shown on the old box cover are being recreated. The kit will also come with red glass, both skinny and wide cheater slicks, a set of wide whitewall tires, and a set of Goodyear Polyglas GTs.   http://www.collectormodel.com/category/round2-models/#sthash.71pbjl4L.dpbs  I'll need a few of these for my stash!

Edited by Dave Darby

They retooled the custom wheels you liked for the new re released kit

It's not that I'm that crazy about those wheels,it's just that they came with that issue. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of other cool stuff in the kit,too. Red tinted glass,2 sers of slicks,and wide whites.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, according to Collectormodel.com, the Reactor Wheels shown on the old box cover are being recreated. The kit will also come with red glass, both skinny and wide cheater slicks, a set of wide whitewall tires, and a set of Goodyear Polyglas GTs.   http://www.collectormodel.com/category/round2-models/#sthash.71pbjl4L.dpbs  I'll need a few of these for my stash!

that's nice info here, Dave, and thanks for that.....never was a 49 Ford fan, but I believe that may have just changed just moments ago...lol....:lol:.....the Ace...;)

The '49 is a decent kit, and for more possibilities the optional parts from the '50 convertible fit it also.

I have never owned either of them, Mark, so by all means fill us in here on the possible combo's or idea's using both....may have to get one of each,,,anyhow, thank you in advance.....the Ace....:D

The '50 Vert has a much nicer set of optional custom taillight setups.. The Hopped up Flattie from the '50 will drop right into the '49 as well. I have both kits, and have to say that cross kitting will yield some great builds.

thanks for that, Alex, if that's the case, then 2 more to add to my list......best, the Ace...:D

• 2 months later...

I so WANT this kit!
I don't buy too many kits these day... so many past purchases still waiting for their turn.
I might even have a '49 Ford, but not with the cool hides like this one!
Did the boat from China land at the wrong island?
I need it!

I looked one over earlier today at HobbyTown USA, so they are out there and available for purchase.

Hey Casey, I went to Hobby Town USA's site and couldn't find it. No AMT kits at all actually.

Maybe they're working on the site. I tried some other places and all they had was the older kit with the black car on the box. Nothing on Ebay yet either.

Hey Casey, I went to Hobby Town USA's site and couldn't find it. No AMT kits at all actually.

Maybe they're working on the site. I tried some other places and all they had was the older kit with the black car on the box. Nothing on Ebay yet either.

John, there was some on ebay a day or so back from 2 or 3 dealers.....the Ace..:D===== just checked now,,, 4 different U.S. ebayers have them on presently...hope this helps....;)

Edited by AC Norton
add..

Am I missing something here?  I looked again on Ebay,and the only one with the 49'er boxart ,like the one on the first post ,is a junkyard kit for $34.95 that's been there for weeks. I see several ones with the 'Street Rods' boxart,but isn't that the old issue from years ago?

Am I missing something here?  I looked again on Ebay,and the only one with the 49'er boxart ,like the one on the first post ,is a junkyard kit for $34.95 that's been there for weeks. I see several ones with the 'Street Rods' boxart,but isn't that the old issue from years ago?

There don't seem to be any of the new issue on eBay currently...but it's available elsewhere.