Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Rainbow kits; best accuracy?

If MPC used a picture of the actual kit, it would not be a good choice. I don't know if they are all the same kit.

Image result for Ferrari Rainbow kit

Image result for Ferrari Rainbow kit

Model designed by a vision-impaired drunk, who also happened to be 5 years old.

The original isn't a beauty, but it does at least have the guite decent proportions of a Fiat X1-9.

That kit is horrible, Palmer-esque

What has been seen cannot ever be unseen!  Yuck!  It is even uglier than a Pontiac Aztek!

Until now I have never seen any photos of the real car or the model. Now I don't ever want to see it again (although I seem to notice some vague resemblance to a Fiero, which is a decent looking car).

Thanks for the many replies, very informative.

And they woke me up, what the hell was I thinking even contemplating this hideousness?

I hope you have decided against it.  Someone tried to give me the revell (?) kit once.  turned it down.  Even I have some standards.  OMG those are awful.

I hope you have decided against it.  Someone tried to give me the revell (?) kit once.  turned it down.  Even I have some standards.  OMG those are awful.

I was watching a partially put together Heller version on eBay for $7.50, it sold for $20.  I was like... NOT...

• 2 years later...
On 18.10.2016 at 3:14 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Model designed by a vision-impaired drunk, who also happened to be 5 years old.

The original isn't a beauty, but it does at least have the guite decent proportions of a Fiat X1-9.

That kit is horrible, Palmer-esque

LOL... The front end of that kit looks like a sporty type of security van... 

7 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

~bump~  Only because I found out about this source, wondering if it's a copy of an existing kit, or an all new mold.

http://mizorogiscm.shop-pro.jp/?pid=136679312

That's all new, from a master made from scratch.  This guy does incredible work but I hope you have deep pockets if you want to buy one of his kits. I'd love to have one of his 308GT4 s but it's way out of my price range..

Here's a link.

http://smp24modelcars.blog.fc2.com/