Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kit Karson's '33 3hree Window Coupe

Kit Karson

Glad to see you back. I've seen your work before so I know we are all in for a treat.

The work on the frame is inspiring. Wish we had a good 33/34 kit in 1/25 that hit the mark like the Revell 32. But because we don't, the effort you're putting into this build will be even more appreciated.

Your work on the roof and body is surgical and inspiring. Have you given any thought to getting some resin copies made?

Please keep us updated. I follow on Facebook, but this place is easier to follow along

• Like 1

You guys are the best! Thank you all for the interest and very kind comments!

I have had a conversation with an old friend about casting the body, but not ready, yet...

Dennis Lacy reminded me about the ol' Tweety Pie Spring Hangers. Had thought that I was going to have to make a pair of custom hangers, these will do just fine! Thanks, ADL! They need to be cast and made part of a kit with the Model A Cross Member, Spring and Axle Housings! Ya think? -KK

'33 Coupe QC with Tweety Pie Spring Hangers.jpg

• Like 1

What's that green stuff on the headers?

it's like poster tack, it allows you to hang posters on a wall without using nails. I know a few people that use it to mock up builds so they can take it back apart for paint and such.....

• Like 1

it's like poster tack, it allows you to hang posters on a wall without using nails. I know a few people that use it to mock up builds so they can take it back apart for paint and such.....

FunTak works great for quick mockups and I use white glue for more precise mockups where tolerances matter.  Then just a short bath in warm water and the white glue dissolves and you're back in business! -KK 

WP_20161217_047.jpg

WP_20161217_061.jpg

FunTak works great for quick mockups and I use white glue for more precise mockups where tolerances matter.  Then just a short bath in warm water and the white glue dissolves and you're back in business! -KK 

WP_20161217_047.jpg

WP_20161217_061.jpg

I've seen lots of people use the white glue too. Also another great thing when locking up builds.....

• Like 1

You guys are the best! Thank you all for the interest and very kind comments!

I have had a conversation with an old friend about casting the body, but not ready, yet...

Dennis Lacy reminded me about the ol' Tweety Pie Spring Hangers. Had thought that I was going to have to make a pair of custom hangers, these will do just fine! Thanks, ADL! They need to be cast and made part of a kit with the Model A Cross Member, Spring and Axle Housings! Ya think? -KK

'33 Coupe QC with Tweety Pie Spring Hangers.jpg

Replicas and Miniatures has a catalog offer that includes essentially everything here but the crossmember and wheels/tires....and it includes both the Model A and Model T style leaf springs....TIM 

PS:   Kit - Lookin' good progress!  TB 

Edited by tim boyd
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dave Ambrose changed the title to Kit Karson's '33 3hree Window Coupe