Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose Ford Pickup photos...

Thanks for posting these. A very clear view of what you get for your money.

I'm really anxious to see what else,(if anything) Revell gets out of this tool. Considering the considerable time between the Chopped '49 Merc kit, and its stablemate '50 Woody Wagon kit, I look forward to seeing what surprises are in store for this tool. You just know that in the case of the Merc, the wagon had to have been planned for in the beginning. It just took years for the plan to bear fruit. I wonder what (if any) plans are for this?

I'm awaiting the Eldo. The engine from that kit is destined for my '50 Woody Wagon.

Looks like a nice kit. Looks nicely done. Can't wait to see some of these built. I'll definitely be up for it... Probably a kit or 2 just for the parts for other builds... And the eldo too, when it hits. I couldn't car less if it's able to be build stock or not, as it was never meant to be. I'm actually hoping the deal with him runs for a while. Maybe long enough for another couple of his designs.. I'm enjoying watching his mustang come together ATM.

Edited by KWT

Looks ok but there sure is a lack of Chrome ,some of the engine parts should have been chromed ! I`ll still have to get one when there cheaper !

The lack of chrome parts saves me a lot of time. I always remove the chrome and paint the parts as I am usually doing stock builds.

Looks ok but there sure is a lack of Chrome ,some of the engine parts should have been chromed ! I`ll still have to get one when there cheaper !

Actually, if you look at pics of the 1:1 engine, there is no chrome...gloss black air cleaner and valve covers, polished aluminum on various parts.

Chad,  thank you for posting the photos - good to see what's in the box.

add my name to both lists -  I like the pickup kit (LHS has my name on their list already) and I would also like to see a kit of Madame X - looks odd on the display at SEMA - way better on the road and in person.

It's okay. Don't like the combining of parts into sub-assemblies. Example; combining of the rear fenders and the truck bed, previous kits separated such parts. The running boards are combined with the truck bed floor. The roof of the cab is a separate part, and I understand that the underlying structure is the interior headboard. My critique as I like kits with lots of parts broken down into smaller sub-assemblies or better yet greater detail without all the masking needed to differentiate parts.

It's okay. Don't like the combining of parts into sub-assemblies. Example; combining of the rear fenders and the truck bed, previous kits separated such parts. The running boards are combined with the truck bed floor. The roof of the cab is a separate part, and I understand that the underlying structure is the interior headboard. My critique as I like kits with lots of parts broken down into smaller sub-assemblies or better yet greater detail without all the masking needed to differentiate parts.

I tend to agree with you on combining of body parts. But the down side is that something like a pick-up bed with two sides, a head board, two fenders and a tail gate even with a good solid floor it makes a very fiddly assembly.    

Basic explanation of why quoted here from thread in truck section...

'I think you guys are overthinking all of these, just a weeeeeeee bit.

The licensing agreement for these Foose kits was for 6 models total. Two SnapTite, Two pre-paints, and 2 all new tool glue kits.  To assume this was going to be a pre-paint would imply that Revell was going to make this truck regardless as to how the voting was going to come out, and gee-golly-shucks look it "magically" won.  The entire voting process being a fraud a P.R. disaster Revell doesn't need, especially since it would completely overshadow what seems to be a nice model.

The reason the kit has two metal axles, and a grand total of 9 suspension pieces is because it's a "one shot" kit.  This can never be made into something else down the road.  There's no 2nd and 3rd versions to make up for poor sales.  The price we pay for kits is a carefully tabulated guesstimate based on tooling costs and expected sales.  Because there can't be a stock '56 Ford based on this tooling, or anything else for that matter, cost savings had to be implemented in order for these kits to be feasible.  Putting metal axles in it might harken back to a simpler time to a certain extent, but that doesn't make it a toy, or marketed at kids.  It's the realities that Revell faced in making this kit, do you want it or not?  The little axles nails wouldn't work in this application because of the way the disc brake and wheel assembly interface (which if we want to be honest is very diecasty) is designed.  Plug the hole, cut the axles down and voila problem solved.'

Just bought mine @ $24.99
Can't imagine at todays going model kit prices, you will ever see it any less than that.

Just bought mine @ $24.99Can't imagine at todays going model kit prices, you will ever see it any less than that.

I bought one at Hobby Lobby yesterday, before it even hit the shelf. It was in a big box, near the model section, with a few airplane models, and some other stuff. It had a price of $26.99. I used the 40% coupon, got it for $16.19.