Model Cars Magazine Forum

Comfort Models, Ya Have One?

Awesome guys

Mine would have to be the Toyota GT86 kits, and NASCAR kits.

Cool question Jonathan. For me, the Revell Ford Raptor kits. I've got something like 7 of them, and every time I go to Michael's I'm tempted to pick up another. But now, I think these new NASCAR kits are going to take their place for awhile. I'm just about done my first one and believe it or not, I've not touched another kit since I've started Fusion. This is a first for me in like, forever. My second ones is due to arrive tomorrow and I can see myself ordering another one or 10 before long. Still pretty far off from ordering a case of them tho....

Cool question Jonathan. For me, the Revell Ford Raptor kits. I've got something like 7 of them, and every time I go to Michael's I'm tempted to pick up another. But now, I think these new NASCAR kits are going to take their place for awhile. I'm just about done my first one and believe it or not, I've not touched another kit since I've started Fusion. This is a first for me in like, forever. My second ones is due to arrive tomorrow and I can see myself ordering another one or 10 before long. Still pretty far off from ordering a case of them tho....

I just went ahead and bought a two cases( 6 per case) , figured I would probably but that many or close to it, and the per kit price I got was decent,  hoping they get shipped this week, I really hate waiting.

I just went ahead and bought a two cases( 6 per case) , figured I would probably but that many or close to it, and the per kit price I got was decent,  hoping they get shipped this week, I really hate waiting.

You wont be disappointed. Out of the box they're amazing. Revell has done a great job. As with any kit there are a few things you can pick at but they're pretty small. And can be fixed if you choose to. 

I'm about 90% done on my first build, just wheels and tires left to go and I'm really happy with the kit. I just have to decide what to do with the second one. 

I hate waiting too. Had to wait a week for my first one to come up from the US. Second one is coming from a Canadian vendor but none of my LHS have any as of yet and likely wont get some for awhile. They always seem to get things slowly. 

You wont be disappointed. Out of the box they're amazing. Revell has done a great job. As with any kit there are a few things you can pick at but they're pretty small. And can be fixed if you choose to. 

I'm about 90% done on my first build, just wheels and tires left to go and I'm really happy with the kit. I just have to decide what to do with the second one. 

I hate waiting too. Had to wait a week for my first one to come up from the US. Second one is coming from a Canadian vendor but none of my LHS have any as of yet and likely wont get some for awhile. They always seem to get things slowly. 

Oh I know I wont be disappointed with the kit, Ive been studying this kit very close since Revell showed it off at NNL for the first time, I did a video as well on my Youtube channel :lol:,  Ive been watching your build on here and on the NASCAR group on Facebook.     I agree, all the issues , which are just a few, are not deal breaking and easy to fix,  with everything I have seen, I think Revell knocked this out of the park,  reminds me of the NASCAR kits from the 90's and I LOVED those kits.  

I know you got your first kit from Free-Time Hobbies,  that is where my kits are coming from.

I know you got your first kit from Free-Time Hobbies,  that is where my kits are coming from.

Actually Jonathan, your kits arent coming from Free-Time. Sadly they've been diverted intransit to North of the border. Sorry.

For me (being a hot rod fan) it would be the Revell 1932 Ford series of kits they came out with in 1996 (3 window) and continued to evolve over the last 20+ years with the roadster, sedan, Speedwagon, 5 window, the 'Rat Roaster' and so on... lots of variations offering many parts and a great starting point for many a hot rod build. Now, the Vicky, please? -RRR

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat

Hands down the Monogram 32 Ford Roadster.  I've built five and have another five in the works.  The first hot rod kit I ever bought with my own money was Son of Ford. I've never understood the love for the AMT 32 as the Monogram builds a far more believable rod.  It takes a little work to do fenderless, but will look light years better than a fenderless version of the AMT!

AMT 57 Chevy and AMT Model A roadster would be up there too.

Cheers

Alan