Model Cars Magazine Forum

'27 Ford Roadster w/Track Nose

curt raitz

Started with the '27 Ford Track Nose resin kit from Jimmy Flintstone (NB175).

Built it on top of the "Dropped Frame" from AMT's 1925 Model "T" kit.

Engine is a Ford V-8 Flathead with Ardun Heads.

Following engine parts are from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland: FH-90 SCOT Blower; FH-62 Starter: DD-23 Custom Ardun Headers

The Arterially wheels are from Revell's 1937 Ford Pickup, painted Tamiya TS-32 Haze Grey.

The seat and floor pan are from Revell's '29 Model A Roadster.

Custom gauges are from "Model Car Garage".

The tires, headlights, tail lights, windscreen, steering wheel, Buick-finned Brakes and piston gear shift knob are from my parts box.

Paint is Humbrol Aresol #18 Gloss Orange covered with a coat of Tamiya PS-58 Clear Pearl and finished with a couple coats of MM Ultra Gloss Clearcoat.

DSC 6015

DSC 6017

DSC 6018

DSC 6021

DSC 6022

DSC 6024

DSC 6026

DSC 6028

DSC 6029

DSC 6030

thanx for looking'...

Edited by curt raitz
added gauge detail

I always enjoy seeing what is done with these '27 T Roadster resin bodies because there is absolutely no kit for them - it's a pure exercise in scratchin' and bashin'. The windshield and interior in particular can be a real challenge. Looks like the Revell 29 Roadster seat is a near perfect fit. Something to rember.... This is a nice tasty example here, full of yummy details. I'm amazed that you were able to get everything but the carbs under the hood. Looks cool!

Edited by Bernard Kron

Nice job!  Funny, I literally just got one of these '27 T bodies from Hobbylinc with a bunch of other JF stuff.  Was kind of an impulse add-on, but was so cheap I figured it's worth it just to have some fun.

I've also been wondering how I'll piece something together.  Probably use as much as I can from the Revell '29 roadster.