Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey buddy , Wanna buy a car?

pharoah

today at Joe's garage we got a cherry AMT '49 Ford coupe. Just as clean as the day it was molded. Well almost.... This baby can be yours today for just 175 smackers!  Look at that chassis! Just as clean as the top! Well ,almost.... And because I like your face,I'll throw in the bumper stickers for free. Waddya say?

OK. This was built as a memory from my youth. there used to be cars like this at the used car lots. You might think $175 was cheap,but that was a months pay on 1965. the bumper stickers are hard to see ,but one is a 'Re-elect Ike and dick' and the other says something about Commies,that I won't go into here. Just a fun build. So,have we got a sale? Huh?

49ford1.jpg

49ford2.jpg

49ford3.jpg

49ford4.jpg

49ford5.jpg

Cool, and I can see it on the car lot now.

Back in about 1976 ish  or so. I bought a 1966 Pontiac Tempest. OHC 6 cyl auto. Gave a whopping $50 for it and drove it home.

about 2 years later bought a so so shape 1969 Roadrunner 383 auto. Gave a whole $150 for it and drove it home.

Those were the days my friend