Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello everyone! This is my first post on these forums. I look forward to posting some of my builds! The issue I am having right now is with Gravity Colors USA. I have ordered $120 worth of paints to try them out (I have been looking everywhere for a 2 part 2k clear!). This was 2 weeks ago, and my order on their website still shows "processing". I have emailed twice to get an update, and have heard nothing. Further research shows their social media feeds have not been updated in over a year, and I can find nothing online. Are they still in business? Do I need to get Paypal to get my money back? Any input is appreciated!

Matthew, from Gravity Colors was at the ACME show last week, a super nice guy. He was selling a lot of paint. He did state he was behind with orders, that it was labor intensive, that the bottles were filled and labeled by hand and he was having trouble finding people to do the work. Be patient it will be worth the wait. It is actual automotive paint. Paint code correct and can be used to touch up your 1/1 vehicle. He’s selling this at bargain prices.  You won’t be disappointed.

So I just felt it necessary to follow up. Matt from Gravity Colors emailed me back yesterday, offered and apology for the delay, and refunded me for shipping, which I was not expecting, but it is appreciated. So far other than the delay (which now that I know the company is still in business is no longer that concerning), it has been an exceptional experience!

I'm beyond aggravated with them I ordered my first time from them on October 23 and still haven't received my paint. I emailed them and got a response and was told it would ship next day a week later nothing emailed again was told they were waiting on 2 part clear and it was back in stock and it would ship out asap over a week later nothing. I'm about to ask for my money back I understand having no help but I was told twice by email it would be shipped next day and I still don't have my paint 

Edited by Jaguar man 21

I think some of these smaller suppliers would benefit by giving updates on orders. I want to get some GC paint myself but am hesitant. 

One of my regular resin parts suppliers took nearly a month to ship my order, and it took me sending a request for a ship date to find that out.

These guys are an asset to our hobby, but they have to realize that a lot of times all we want is to know that we are still in the queue, 

Did the order ship, and the package get lost in the mail, or stolen? We don't know, so suppliers, help us out by communicating backlogs, etc.

So just to follow up again, 20+ days, still no paints...

Hi,

Any word from him?

Seems odd as last year I bought some fromagé and he was spot on and quick with replies and shipping.

You simply cannot beat his line up of paints and quality but if you can't get word for product from him, then its not worth it.

Have you called him?  Perhaps your emails are going into his junk filter for some reason.  Junk filters are very touchy.

Maté is a victim of his own success. Gravity Colors is not his day job, and he has a baby to boot. When he had to bottle off a slew of paint to take to the Atlanta NNL it put the regular orders behind - of which there's' usually 70-80 every week. The paint comes over from BASF in quart containers and he has to mix it with the reducer and bottle it into the little bottles by hand. It's very labor intensive, and takes a while, but then again you're not gonna find a better more-perfectly color matched paint system out there.

Best piece of advice is to be patient. If you put in a small order of something that happens to be in stock you might get your paint sooner than someone who orders 10 bottles of something that is all in back order status. I've talked to Maté a couple of times about better communications, but it gets to the point that he'd probably spend all his time answering emails and not shipping paint.

When he ships your order you'll get a tracking number. No number, it hasn't shipped. I appreciate the frustration some people have, but it's not like this is a commercial operation. You want the best paint, you order from Gravity. You want paints tomorrow, God's speed with whatever you come up with...

Edited by niteowl7710

I emailed back and fourth with Matt from gravity colors and he had no idea my order still didn't ship and refunded my shipping that's great and all but if I don't have my paint sometime this week I'm asking for a refund. I completely get being backed up on orders but two pepole from gravity colors told me two different stories before talking to Matt and that's just ridiculous imo 

I'm in Australia, and paints went missing somewhere from the USA to Australia. He was great to deal with and sent a whole new batch to me which arrived within a month. We checked tracking numbers in Australia and USA for the original order and they just disappeared. Postage has definitely been sketchy at times and I don't blame companies such as GC. Plus postage rates are getting ridiculous from the USA lately.

Ben

1 hour ago, Bennyg said:

I'm in Australia, and paints went missing somewhere from the USA to Australia. He was great to deal with and sent a whole new batch to me which arrived within a month. We checked tracking numbers in Australia and USA for the original order and they just disappeared. Postage has definitely been sketchy at times and I don't blame companies such as GC. Plus postage rates are getting ridiculous from the USA lately.

Ben

Gotta pay for that mandated 75yr advanced funding of the Union pensions somehow, yes that's right funding pensions for people who aren't even a glimmer in their parents eyes - Yay Gubbermint!  If it weren't for that the USPS would turn a healthy profit every quarter rather than seeming to be on the brink of disaster all of the time.