Model Cars Magazine Forum

My '62 Chevy Belair Weekend Drag Car

LODI3QTR

I built this as a street driven weekend drag car. It has a glass fuel bowl filter like a stock car would have, with cheater slicks, 4 speed stick with linkage. It also has metal springs & brake lines, gas filler door that opens and closes. The bumpers were cut to replicate the aluminum panels on the front and rear bumpers, the grill was also cut open to replicate the real grill then sent out and re chromed. Engine compartment was completely detailed with wrapped  wiring and paint.+ + +

5XcNAcIjQz+W2L%NE6uKPA.jpg

7YUddbA3QEmk2hqkE57TwQ.jpg

QfQelHR7Th25qRnDg%Zz6A.jpg

QfosiS+cQNSlRQcKtykYJw.jpg

IMG_5956.JPG

100_2424.JPG

WcgCr0BeQqqJcLmup59lWg.jpg

KCBxwCmcQfq6YX0hezFUvg.jpg

Meqogy70Ryem2enrwUOenQ.jpg

c6tojGMIQFe4wjr4ZJz0%w.jpg

IImD13gZTRmFW9qcls2k%w.jpg

aqpFC+qNSnSYVyYwgjZ9jw.jpg

100_2431.JPG

Edited by LODI3QTR
Ad picture

4 hours ago, TooOld said:

Super nice Belair , the small details really make it stand out !  Is this the AMT kit ?

Yes Bob it's the AMT kit. Wayne, Max, Bob, Donald, JC, TerryGene & TomThanks for the kind words....

Edited by LODI3QTR

7 minutes ago, Lizard Racing said:

Just amazing!! Your attention to detail is outstanding. I like the subject of a street-driven racer.

Did you get the cheater slicks fit the chassis OK?

George; Yeah the slicks fit with no issue, getting the grooves fairly even to make them cheaters was just a little rough. Thanks.... 

1 hour ago, espo said:

What can I say that hasn't already been said. All of the details you did on this build are just so realistic looking. I like the subject and I really like how you have presented it.

1 hour ago, bill lanfear said:

Superb craftsmanship!  Beautiful car!

Wow, I really appreciate all the very kind words every have left about my build. I'm thinking I should finish one or two of my other projects....