Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Have for Dinner?

Went to a clambake for dinner.  It's more of New England/North East thing, but very popular in the Cleveland area.  A dozen clams, drawn butter, chicken, asparagus, mashed potatoes, stuffing.  I went to two last fall--one in an Italian restaurant and one in a seafood restaurant.  The one today was in a restaurant from Montana that has a location here, looks like a Western lodge inside. A bit odd of a setting for a clambake, but delicious...

On 10/27/2018 at 6:25 PM, HomerS said:

...I'm fat because I CAN cook.

Ain't that the truth (I'm really only 20 pounds overweight, but as hard as it is getting it off, it may as well be 50). :D

Tonight was pretty good, dead easy. Roast orange-garlic chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, mixed greens and tomato salad w/mustard-vinaigrette dressing.

Plenty o' chicken left over for 2-days worth of sammedges.

And now the real reason I'm fat...a big slice of cherry pie. 

BUT...I went for a 3-mile hike this afternoon (not enough to offset the pie). B)

7 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I forget who said it, but, "You eat with your eyes first". ;)

This may be true for most people but I've known for a long time I'm not "most people".

As an example, KFC  bowls. They have chicken strips, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn in the same bowl. Made myself it would all be in a bowl. My ex girlfriend couldn't understand this. If she had the same food on her plate they would all be nicely separated into their own section. I figure it's all going to the same place anyway.

3 hours ago, ewetwo said:

kielbasa, pierogies, coleslaw with dried cranberries and pickled beets. 

I'll have what you're having! :D

I really like pickled beets: the texture, the flavor, the color . . . I can eat them by themselves.  Speaking of likable textures - I like water chestnuts for their unusual crinkly crunchiness.

Edited by peteski

1 hour ago, peteski said:

I'll have what you're having! :D

I really like picked beets: the texture, the flavor, the color . . . I can eat them by themselves.  Speaking of likable textures - I like water chestnuts for their unusual crinkly crunchiness.

I love them both as well!

Being German, I was raised on pickled beets!

Steve

On 10/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, ewetwo said:

kielbasa, peroigies, coleslaw with dried cranberries and pickled beets. 

Pleas tell me the kielbasa didn't come out of a vac-packed plastic bag, man. :D

For today's dinner, I'm making breaded pork cutlets, gravy made with Borowik Szlachetny (that's dried mushrooms for you non Polaks :D ), fried red potatoes mixed with minced, crisped bacon and onions and cucumbers with onions and dill in sour cream. For dessert, I made fresh baked apple crisps. The ball & chain burns water and isn't allowed to cook for me and Junior. BTW, happy belated Halloween. Here's a pic if Junior and the cat with the X-ray eyes next to an ornament my neighbors' twin girls made. They said that they wanted to make something that looks like the "kitty" who walks round in the hallway. Who woulda thunk that Fmeep has a fanbase? :D

5bdb64d6209c1_HalloweenFmeep.jpg.2138170229258ae898ca2f65dc57625c.jpg

15 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Pleas tell me the kielbasa didn't come out of a vac-packed plastic bag, man. :D

For today's dinner, I'm making breaded pork cutlets, gravy made with Borowik Szlachetny (that's dried mushrooms for you non Polaks :D ), fried red potatoes mixed with minced, crisped bacon and onions and cucumbers with onions and dill in sour cream. For dessert, I made fresh baked apple crisps. The ball & chain burns water and isn't allowed to cook for me and Junior. BTW, happy belated Halloween. Here's a pic if Junior and the cat with the X-ray eyes next to an ornament my neighbors' twin girls made. They said that they wanted to make something that looks like the "kitty" who walks round in the hallway. Who woulda thunk that Fmeep has a fanbase? :D

5bdb64d6209c1_HalloweenFmeep.jpg.2138170229258ae898ca2f65dc57625c.jpg

I’m taking the 5th because it my incriminate me. ;)

1 hour ago, SfanGoch said:

Take a ride to Latham and get the good stuff at Euro Deli and Market, 231 Wade Rd. Extension.

HAHA!  

Tonight homemade Mac and Cheese with a tossed salad of romaine, iceberg, cherry tomatoes, cukes, onion, croutons and Greek style feta cheese.