Model Cars Magazine Forum

Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement

Dann Tier

6 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I love this build. And we haven't even seen half of it yet.

LOL!, thanks, Dan!!…..to me, this and the body are the toughest parts. Anybody whose worked on cars knows that engine, and suspension parts are never perfect, unless it happens to be made by Horacio Pagani...lol

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

Dann, you Sir, are a machine!!  I have not commented on all of your posts for the other models, but let me say that all of them are looking fantastic!  You are doing some great work.  I'm looking forward to see all of them in paint.

Thanks, John!, i'm glad you like them!

8 hours ago, peteski said:

No kidding!  Dan, it would appear  that you spend 16 hours a day, 365 days a year building all those models at the same time!  Amazing!  Don't tell me that you also have a 40-hours-per-week job. :)

lol, no, Peter, my wife and I are retired...

• Dann Tier changed the title to Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo
9 hours ago, dino246gt said:

Hey Dan, when you drilled those speaker holes, did you use a template? I need to do that so maybe I could borrow your template???  Mine jambs are burried under paint.

IMG_1170 (Large).JPG

First off, that is looking BEAUTIFUL, bud!!!!, secondly, I just drilled it out before I even sanded the part......sorry. Are you going to SB brake caliper faces?....I cant believe they don't have any at this scale!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

This build is also amazing Dann, I can't believe how much time you get at the bench...

Thanks, Atin!, Tina and I are retired, and I need something to keep me occupied, and this does a great job.....and to think after I got out of the military, I couldn't bring myself to build again for 7 years, and almost got rid of everything model related...

7 hours ago, afx said:

Thank you for your service Dann and for deciding to build again.  Always enjoy your builds.

Thanks, bud!!, you are welcome, If it wasn't for my lovely wife, Tina, I wouldn't be here anymore, let alone building again, getting rid of my stuff was in her words; VERBOTEN!

-Thank you though, for giving me a kick up my back side with my building!!, there is a TON of talent here, new, and experienced, but it was your work in particular that really inspired me to SB at the level I am, and to make as much as I can out of plastic instead of everything being PE, which can actually end-up looking faker than the kit parts...

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, Ich_Will said:

I've not checked progress on this in a while. It's coming along great. I'm excited to watch this unfold, and I'm contemplating picking up a big scale car in the future. I just don't think I can do it justice... 

Thanks, bud!......I think you should.....they're great!!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Otaki 1/12 Lamborghini Countach Twin Turbo...Mission Statement