Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawas Lamborghini Miura SV....new update!

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone! here is a bit of an update...

-Photo 1; This the the part that most people get wrong when trying to build replica stock. This bit needs to be blended into the door -it is not a separate part on the real car.

-Photo 2; As you can see from the previous photo as well, i decided to separate the rockers from the body because my scribbing was a total mess, and it was gonna look worse if i kept trying to clean it up. It'll be better this way. I needed to add a strip if styrene for the upper glue, point, and i will add one to the bottom inside edges as well for a really strong/definite contact all-round.

-Photo 3; It cant hurt to attach the headlamp base plates at this point....they will get painted easier this way.

-Photo 4; The underside of the louvers was the WORST filling nightmare i've ever encountered, but who wanted to have it open?....me.

-Photo 5; Cutting open the molded in grill on this kit has ALWAYS been nerve wrecking, but i got it without breaking it. next step for it will be stripping the chrome, then attaching the PE mesh before painting.

Note: I will now be able to FINALLY paint the body, and get this build going again! Time for washing, and primering!

DSCF9902.JPG

DSCF9904.JPG

DSCF9903.JPG

DSCF9906.JPG

DSCF9905.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Nice work Dann. You are quite correct about the door vents. I’m intrigued to see how you do the little vanes inside. 
I just picked up Hasegawa’s latest version of the Miura - it comes with photo etched parts. The door vents are much better in that kit with each vane as a separate photo etched part. 
looking forward to seeing this one in paint. 

On 7/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Shaun!, You will love the kit!!…..its way easy, and NO fit, or assembly issues!!, and there are ALOT of decals, and choices!!…..I've already built one a while ago, but it bugs me because I tried a new semi-gloss clearcoat over my interior, and it made it WAAAAAY too glossy, so i'm gonna redo it, and ditch the old one!   -heres the old one....

I think I may have some space in the cabinet. I'll check......?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...