Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

It’s not been a productive building summer for me As I have been enjoying the outdoors more but I did manage to get most of the tree parts painted last night.  The body was painted last year with the Testors colorshift paint to mimic the Mysticrome paint.

C6E1064B-7B63-4501-836C-4CD52239D28F.jpeg

E994849E-CB9F-4FF4-9060-087409B3C25F.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

Ok, Snake45, hit me up with the rules dude, I've got a kit thats been sitting on the shelf for nearly 5+ years with minimal work done to it other than some ejector pin marks filled and a splash of primer. Missus said I cant start another kit until i finish one I've already started.

Model King/AMT 65 Mustang Modified.

Wont be able to get it done for the end of this month but by the end of next round for defs.

Edited by NZanglia
added to it.

13 hours ago, NZanglia said:

Ok, Snake45, hit me up with the rules dude, I've got a kit thats been sitting on the shelf for nearly 5+ years with minimal work done to it other than some ejector pin marks filled and a splash of primer. Missus said I cant start another kit until i finish one I've already started.

Model King/AMT 65 Mustang Modified.

Wont be able to get it done for the end of this month but by the end of next round for defs.

Sounds like your Mustang qualifies. Just since I'm updating the list, I'll go ahead and put you on it, so you're all set up for next round. B)

Update time: 

ROUND 8 : FINISH DATE SEPTEMBER 30, 2020

Tom Geiger: Jeepster

Disconovaman: '65 Mustang convertible NINTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Spottedlaurel: '65 Corvette THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Straightliner59: Midget/Indy car MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

Misha: Tall T coupe

TimJ: '99 Mustang Cobra EIGHTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '37 Ford

Oldscool: '66 Impala FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '69 GTX SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

vamach1: Mystic Chrome Cobra  MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

SuperbirdMcMonte: '70 Superbird

Snake45: '66 Mustang

Eric Macleod: Packard Speedster Victoria

Dave Branson: 2008 Challenger FIFTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to 2007 Camaro TENTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Deuces II: '68 Dodge Dart

Cheyenne93: Chevy Suburban and trailer FOURTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '69 Chevelle SEVENTH COMPLETION GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Monte Carlo

Dragcarz: Mustang Funny Car SIXTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Tim Boyd: '32 Ford Roadster

Nzanglia: '65 Mustang modified

22 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Sounds like your Mustang qualifies. Just since I'm updating the list, I'll go ahead and put you on it, so you're all set up for next round. B)

Update time: 

ROUND 8 : FINISH DATE SEPTEMBER 30, 2020

Tom Geiger: Jeepster

Disconovaman: '65 Mustang convertible NINTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Spottedlaurel: '65 Corvette THIRD COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Straightliner59: Midget/Indy car MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

Misha: Tall T coupe

TimJ: '99 Mustang Cobra EIGHTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '37 Ford

Oldscool: '66 Impala FIRST COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '69 GTX SECOND COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

vamach1: Mystic Chrome Cobra  MAKING TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

SuperbirdMcMonte: '70 Superbird

Snake45: '66 Mustang

Eric Macleod: Packard Speedster Victoria

Dave Branson: 2008 Challenger FIFTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to 2007 Camaro TENTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Deuces II: '68 Dodge Dart

Cheyenne93: Chevy Suburban and trailer FOURTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE! Moving on to '69 Chevelle SEVENTH COMPLETION GOTTER DONE! Moving on to Monte Carlo

Dragcarz: Mustang Funny Car SIXTH COMPLETION! GOTTER DONE!

Tim Boyd: '32 Ford Roadster

Nzanglia: '65 Mustang modified

Richard....finished up Friday morning in time for a brief debut at the Hoosier Model Car Association 40th Contest and Show just south of Indy on Saturday morning.  Took pictures on Friday after completion, but have not yet downloaded to the Under Glass section....will do so in the next couple of days.   So you can mark mine "Gotter Done" on your next status update......TIM

Edited by tim boyd

32 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

So you can mark mine "Gotter Done" on your next status update......TIM

Will do as soon as you post one finished pic in this thread. BOO-YA! B)

You gonna come in on the next round? I'm sure you have loads of suitable projects. And, the build IS "kinda-sorta" named after you. B)

On 9/20/2020 at 12:16 PM, Snake45 said:

Will do as soon as you post one finished pic in this thread. BOO-YA! B)

You gonna come in on the next round? I'm sure you have loads of suitable projects. And, the build IS "kinda-sorta" named after you. B)

Richard: 

Huh????   Are you kidding?  (About both the number of suitable projects and the name of the build)? !!!  At last count (10/13, just after I retired) I had about 65 unfinished projects, and although a few of those have since been completed, even more unfinished ones have been added.  Where to turn next, where to turn....

Best....TB 

PS - will post today or tomorrow....TIM

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Bring Out Your Dead--BOYD, as some have taken to calling it. Get it? B)

AHH....I get it (sorry, I'm a little slow on the uptake these days....).  Here's a shot of the completed project, and a link to a more pictures and a list of the mods done to the project.....TIM 

DSC 1032

Edited by tim boyd

Back on July 2nd I declared being in on the builds for this round and even with all that is going on in life, I do have an update! I am still far from completion and now with summer winding down I’m back at the workbench. 

74E5D961-509F-450B-8B6B-13568A4BFACC.thumb.jpeg.ba85572e00f844b7bdfaf903a9593b9a.jpeg

I’ve been planning, searching or building components to combine the 25 Tall T Coupe with the second version of the Ala Kart using the Ford V8-60 Flathead from the Kurtis Midget kit. 

965B1D23-0EE6-4366-A7ED-EEDA1CC00C91.jpeg.f38b7daf35d397e7630e69b23a22f2fa.jpeg

I began with the chassis by stripping all the chrome bits, assembling the main components, followed by an application of Alclad chrome. This worked out quite well as greater detail appeared without the thick kit chrome, plus mold lines have been smoothed out, assembly was easier with bare plastic resulting in a stronger build. Afterwards my attention turned to the V8-60 wanting something eye-catching. A Scot style blower was a good choice, from I believe is the original 57Chev from AMT, topped by a pair of Strombergs. 

347DBD98-A5E3-434C-9B83-F5C3DF2C1469.jpeg.a27ad3d4c35c9637a609f8ce8a9617d4.jpeg

Mating the T body to the Ala Kart fenders went fairly smoothly.  The firewall was moved back to provide room for the diminutive Flathead. The rear of the body received the most attention with the construction of a trunk to house the gas tank and a smoothing of the  body lines in the transition from bustle to body. The paint scheme will feature a two-tone scheme of Pearl Light Red (TS59) & Lavender (TS37).

A98AB6FC-7241-435D-B3BC-0A2214C0DB80.jpeg.b695fc02c5e79bc49af3f3d1bdf859f6.jpeg
Currently working on detailing the interior with the construction of the wind up rear window, panel lines for doors, and upholstery patterns while using the kit bench sofa! 

D1A40049-C559-4E96-BC2B-9B1C29C051D1.jpeg.664b516529b3c284435ec79a0bb7de89.jpeg

AB7FF92F-0F7D-48BC-B9AC-478D5FF0D1D7.jpeg.ef262df205ac7657329a978fc1b7a534.jpeg

At this point I can see that I would need to continue into the next round. This is a great thread as it has helped drive to completing some special projects that have languished for too long. My previous completion was the Inca ? Jewel, a 49 Ford Coupe. Ahead, well there is a full shelf above my bench! Thanks Snake for creating this motivational thread, it has gotten a lot of us going again.

Cheers Misha

12 hours ago, Misha said:

Back on July 2nd I declared being in on the builds for this round and even with all that is going on in life, I do have an update! I am still far from completion and now with summer winding down I’m back at the workbench. 

74E5D961-509F-450B-8B6B-13568A4BFACC.thumb.jpeg.ba85572e00f844b7bdfaf903a9593b9a.jpeg

I’ve been planning, searching or building components to combine the 25 Tall T Coupe with the second version of the Ala Kart using the Ford V8-60 Flathead from the Kurtis Midget kit. 

965B1D23-0EE6-4366-A7ED-EEDA1CC00C91.jpeg.f38b7daf35d397e7630e69b23a22f2fa.jpeg

I began with the chassis by stripping all the chrome bits, assembling the main components, followed by an application of Alclad chrome. This worked out quite well as greater detail appeared without the thick kit chrome, plus mold lines have been smoothed out, assembly was easier with bare plastic resulting in a stronger build. Afterwards my attention turned to the V8-60 wanting something eye-catching. A Scot style blower was a good choice, from I believe is the original 57Chev from AMT, topped by a pair of Strombergs. 

347DBD98-A5E3-434C-9B83-F5C3DF2C1469.jpeg.a27ad3d4c35c9637a609f8ce8a9617d4.jpeg

Mating the T body to the Ala Kart fenders went fairly smoothly.  The firewall was moved back to provide room for the diminutive Flathead. The rear of the body received the most attention with the construction of a trunk to house the gas tank and a smoothing of the  body lines in the transition from bustle to body. The paint scheme will feature a two-tone scheme of Pearl Light Red (TS59) & Lavender (TS37).

A98AB6FC-7241-435D-B3BC-0A2214C0DB80.jpeg.b695fc02c5e79bc49af3f3d1bdf859f6.jpeg
Currently working on detailing the interior with the construction of the wind up rear window, panel lines for doors, and upholstery patterns while using the kit bench sofa! 

D1A40049-C559-4E96-BC2B-9B1C29C051D1.jpeg.664b516529b3c284435ec79a0bb7de89.jpeg

AB7FF92F-0F7D-48BC-B9AC-478D5FF0D1D7.jpeg.ef262df205ac7657329a978fc1b7a534.jpeg

At this point I can see that I would need to continue into the next round. This is a great thread as it has helped drive to completing some special projects that have languished for too long. My previous completion was the Inca ? Jewel, a 49 Ford Coupe. Ahead, well there is a full shelf above my bench! Thanks Snake for creating this motivational thread, it has gotten a lot of us going again.

Cheers Misha

Misha....that bad boy rocks in every possible way!  Congrats on your progress and looking forward to seeing it progress along.....TIM  

Great to see the collective efforts on here, good luck to those of you still trying to get one across the line. I'm still somewhat surprised I got mine done as quickly as I did, third completion of this round?! I'm usually a bit of a last-minute merchant, I could have given myself a few more weeks.......

I shouldn't have finished-up my long-term Ferrari 308 build, or the Datsun Roadster, as they would have been an ideal entries for the next round. As it stands, I now have just two (maybe three) projects that I can consider next time, and none of them are going to be easy.