Model Cars Magazine Forum

Playmate Mustang

Princess Maverick

Good afternoon all...  I am new to the forums as a member.  I have lurked before as my son signed up a while back 

I am currently working on a playmate mustang.  I have grown up around classic cars my whole life.  I believed my dream car was a 66 red mustang convertible.  With white top and interior of course...

Until....I saw the playmate edition mustang at car show it was instant love.  Being I cannot afford the real thing I've decided to build a model instead....

Sorry I cannot upload picture currently... I keep getting an error

Snapchat-454296524.thumb.jpg.26dec5dcbe89a8c5c62c9a714ae4bfb0.jpg

Snapchat-454296524.jpg

Edited by Princess Maverick

3 hours ago, BigTallDad said:

Make sure you get the correct shade of pink. Otherwise, it might look like a Mary Kaye Cosmetics car!

Harder than it looks. I once built a model of the '69 PMOY Shelby 500 and had to paint it three times, and I still didn't get exactly the shade I was going for. Got tired of messing with it and just drove on and finished it up anyway.

13 minutes ago, espo said:

Would Model Masters Panther Pink be close to the Playmate color ? 

I don't think so. If I were building that model and wanted to match that light pink pearl paint, I'd head for the beauty supply place in town. I'll bet they have a nail polish that EXACT color. 

Hey Snake I tried to PM you,but it says you are not able to receive them.Again I was gonna mention that Darlin remark as un called for.Your right she is just another model builder like the rest of us on this site..But the thing is that I guess I'm not use to having any female builders on here.I often wonder how many female builders there are on the site.I have to say under 10.

22 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I don't think so. If I were building that model and wanted to match that light pink pearl paint, I'd head for the beauty supply place in town. I'll bet they have a nail polish that EXACT color. 

Nail polish is great stuff.  Lots of beautiful colors and textures too.  I have airbrushed nail polish with great success.  There are Sally Beauty supply stores all over the valley here.  They sell small bottles of nail polish thinner for air brushing purposes.  I don't really understand why the big box stores don't sell the thinner.  They sell remover and I found out the hard way there is a difference.  Buying small bottles of thinner keeps you from having to buy gallons of the stuff.  I admit, I really don't know much about painting, I just wing it.  Now that I do the resin casting I have not built and painted anything in years.  I probably have a half dozen started projects.  Welcome aboard Lisa.  It is nice to know there are females that have an interest in this hobby.  Model building is not gender specific.  There isn't much in the world anymore that is.  My good friend Jennifer is a HVAC mechanic where I work.  She may not always have the physical strength to manhandle equipment but she still has the know how to do the work and gets help.  She gets respect.  When I worked at Purdue University, there were women working in most all the trades.  The only shop that did not have a woman was the welding/sheet metal shop.  I don't think saying welcome darlin is at all disrespectful.  You can call me darlin, It is much nicer than some of the names I have been called.  The lady at the Mcdonalds drive up window calls me all kinds of sweet names, I think she loves me.

https://www.makeyourownmolds.com/shop/copyflex/

I notice behind the model you intend to build is a gingerbread type house that you may have made.  Here is a link to a food grade silicone you can use to make molds and then create your own candy shapes.  I thought this might be of interest to you.  Perhaps you and your son would enjoy doing this kind of thing together.

Edited by Greg Wann