Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Go Kart

afx

The AMT go kart from the Round2 issue of the '60 Chevy pickup.  Made a few changes along the way including:

• added throttle and brake linkage
  • wired and plumbed the engine
  • modified the seat & pedals
  • added steering linkage
  • custom front bumper

DSCN6112DSCN6115DSCN6118DSCN6117

Edited by afx

I like all the changes you made on this. Very realistic looking. Does the kit have both engines, I think they used to be called Mach something depending on the engine size. The 1:1 would have to be scary fast. 

On 3/5/2019 at 8:53 PM, espo said:

I like all the changes you made on this. Very realistic looking. Does the kit have both engines, I think they used to be called Mach something depending on the engine size. The 1:1 would have to be scary fast. 

David, yes the kit includes both engines which I believe are intended to be McCulloch sometimes refereed to as Macs.  I was told be a former kart racer that twin engines would put you in the "Open" class.

Picture 1 of 1

Edited by afx

2 hours ago, afx said:

Thank you gentlemen for the comments.  It would be nice if Round2 would offer the kart as a stand alone kit but I'm not counting on it.

Nice build JC,

Don't count out the kart by itself. I'm thinking future Parts Pack, possibly with the streamliner parts?