Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Pantera WILL have an engine!!

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!...got a bit of an update here. I decided to switch back over to suspension work. I decided to start with the ride height.

-Photo 1; First i need to establish the exact location of the rear wheels. I did this by making a temporary axle.

-Photo 2; For the tyre to fender clearance i need, i had to lower the axle into the frame. Now it will be waaay easier to make the control arms, and wheel hubs. Once i've finished all that, i can remove the axle, and make an arch bracket to strengthen the notched-out frame, and allow for the drive shafts.

-Photo 3; Perfect clearance that still allows for some inner wheel wells.

-Photo 4; The front suspension is stock kit height, which is okay with me, BUT i dont like how much rocker clearance there is, so i will be adding to them to slightly lower them.

DSCF0040.JPG

DSCF0041.JPG

DSCF0039.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Bud!, have you been working on yours at all?

I wish I could say I have but not lately.  Suffering from too many projects and still working some and trying to enjoy outdoors until it gets cold.    I almost feel like I need to set aside time every weekday once I retire in a few months To building.  I have too many kits that I started and I just need to finish a few before diving into a build that will take a lot longer than usual.  I admire you efforts on your build and will learn a thing or two I’m sure.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:43 PM, iamsuperdan said:

I still love it. Personally though, I'd lower the front a smidge. Not much, definitely not a slam. But a little.

:)

I am still thinking about it, but its pretty darn close to a real stock height....i will consider it still.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:46 PM, vamach1 said:

I wish I could say I have but not lately.  Suffering from too many projects and still working some and trying to enjoy outdoors until it gets cold.    I almost feel like I need to set aside time every weekday once I retire in a few months To building.  I have too many kits that I started and I just need to finish a few before diving into a build that will take a lot longer than usual.  I admire you efforts on your build and will learn a thing or two I’m sure.

I got hit with a TON of outdoor stuff to do too...hope you can get back to the bench soon!!.....looking forward to your work!...thanks for following along, bud!

Found some inspirational photos for this Pantera;

-Photo 1; I'm thinking about a vent window, and rear side glass delete like this version. I will also do the sail panel vents like this one. 

-Photo 2; The bonnet will be done like this, and there will be elements of the front fascia also.

-Photo 3; I may add a rocker vent for the rear breaks...we'll see.

-Photo 4-6; This is a real car called the Panther. Its a Pantera tribute car thats built on a Lamborghini Hurrican. This is THE BEST design of a Pantera that i've seen.

-Photo 7; Here is the front end that i was gonna do until i saw the Panther. I will blend the  both versions together in some way. The big problem i have with these front fascias/chin spoiler, is that they look like a HORRIBLE over-bite when compared to how high Panteras are between the tyres...

-Photo 8; This is all i see when i see front ends like this -NOT on this Pantera.

ares-design-panther-project-004.jpg

ares-design-panther-project-005.jpg

ares-design-panther-project-011.jpg

ares-design-panther-project-006.jpg

ares-design-panther.jpg

ares-design-panther-project-002.jpg

images (1).jpg

images.jpg

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

How many of you have resumed a build after a year, and decided you needed to change a bunch of things? That is where i started up this Pantera again.  Here you go, Ray...Mondays will be my Pantera days.

Photo 1; If you look back at the original framework, you will notice now that there are a few major braces missing. They just didnt fit good enough, so i will redo them...but after i build the rear suspension today.

Photo 2; I couldnt get the seats i liked to fit nicely with the firewall, so i got some Diablo seats that are smaller, and allow for more room. Also, aside from having to redo the firewall, i have decided to slightly upgrade the center column, and guage cluster.

Photo 3; Here are the new Diablo seats...even better that they are another tie to Lamborghini.

Photo 4; I have also decided to make the doors functional.

Note: Time to get cracking on this now!  Thank you to everyone whose following along!  -God bless!!

DSCF0596.JPG

DSCF0597.JPG

DSCF0598.JPG

DSCF0595.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier
  • Like 5