Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1968 El Camino SS396

mikemopar70

Hi folks!

Here's my first completion for 2019, it's the AMt El Camino (first issue of the modern tooling) it's been buit out of the box except for the bare rallye wheels wich are from Scenes Unlimited.

And not to forget the Model Car Garage photoetched scripts.

The body has been painted in 1968 GM's tripoli turquoise basecoat from PPG (Omni) with Testor's one coat clear polished.

I built this model to look like a restored daily driver, so the undercarriage is black with weathering accents and bits of dust Under the Hood as well.

I painted the interior with a turquoise metallic paint of my own (mixed with Vallejo acrylics)

It has been a cool build, only few minor flaws here and there (like the Hood thickness), but a lot of fun!!

20190421_093954-vi.jpg  

20190421_093924-vi.jpg

20190421_093909-vi.jpg

20190421_094033-vi.jpg

Thank's... Mike!! 

2 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking. Your vinyl roof looks perfect. The colors all go together well and I like the bare Rally wheels. Very nice personalized license plate. 

Ditto! I also like the license plate frames...did they come with the kit or did you fabricate them?