Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 Heartland Model Car Nationals

dimebolt

We had a great show this year with an amazing number of beautiful paint jobs and superb detail from some of the best modelers around, including those mentioned previously. The model count, including a handful of "display only" cars was around 460. This easily outnumbered last years count, which was a pleasant surprise.

Here's a link to the KC Slammers Fotki pages for a complete array of model pictures and category winners. Congrats to Klay Kemp for taking the Best of Show and Peoples choice awards (among others) with his unbelievably cool Mustang.

https://public.fotki.com/kcslammers/heartland-model-car/2019-heartland/

regards,

Alyn Loya - KC Slammers President

22 hours ago, Alyn said:

We had a great show this year with an amazing number of beautiful paint jobs and superb detail from some of the best modelers around, including those mentioned previously. The model count, including a handful of "display only" cars was around 460. This easily outnumbered last years count, which was a pleasant surprise.

Here's a link to the KC Slammers Fotki pages for a complete array of model pictures and category winners. Congrats to Klay Kemp for taking the Best of Show and Peoples choice awards (among others) with his unbelievably cool Mustang.

regards,

I had an excellent time. Went with a friend and we both really enjoyed the show and swap meet. I'll be going every year I'm able from now on. 

On 6/11/2019 at 9:56 PM, Alyn said:

regards,

Looked through the pictures!  4 door Cobra, dirty rally Subi, looks like more entries than GSL.  Only two dioramas?  I should consider entering in the future.

• 3 months later...
On 10/11/2019 at 8:29 PM, Tim H said:

Already did NNL and GSL. Heartland is next along with the Motor city NNL.

I am the other way around. 

Unfortunately this year I did not do a single show. As a matter of fact, I have not built anything since last year’s Hearthland.