Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Tom Gloy Lo-Boy Roadster

Phildaupho

On 2019-06-29 at 7:37 AM, Dennis Lacy said:

The full scale car is one of the best looking and proportioned channeled '32 Roadsters ever built, then or now. You did a wonderful job capturing the look and feel of it!

No finished picture of the reworked chassis after all the work you did?

B)

Thanks for asking Dennis. I did not try to fully replicate the rear torsion bar suspension because most of it would not be visible.

2v2EVmW9LximYT.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 8:52 AM, espo said:

If he does please share any pictures you might get. 

I am privileged that Tom Gloy  liked the model enough that he offered to buy it and is now driving home with the model boxed up in his tiny trunk

2v2ELDvB5ximYT.jpg2v2ELD9TCximYT.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2019 at 3:30 AM, alan barton said:

Just maybe the nicest channelled 32 roadster ever.......

...and the real one is not bad either!

It's rare for people to get a model replica that so closely matches the feel of the real car.  This looks great!  And now, you have to build another one!

Cheers

Alan

On 9/13/2019 at 8:04 AM, Plowboy said:

That is one nice looking roadster Phil! So many things I like about it! Nice work!

On 9/13/2019 at 8:11 AM, Justin Porter said:

Positively spot on for the model and it's great to see the new home that it's found!

Thanks Guys - I appreciate your comments. As much as I like to see my previous builds in the display case and be able to hold them; I have become content to look at photos of them.

Beautiful model. I love all the work put into the detailing and engineering, and of course the paint combo and wheel/tire package are both fantastic. The real car is a stunner, and you nailed the scale version. What a kick,  having the owner of the 1:1 purchase the model :D

19 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Beautiful model. I love all the work put into the detailing and engineering, and of course the paint combo and wheel/tire package are both fantastic. The real car is a stunner, and you nailed the scale version. What a kick,  having the owner of the 1:1 purchase the model :D

Thanks Chris. It was great to talk to Tom Gloy and have a close examination of his car and be able to point out the similarities I was able to incorporate in the model

4 hours ago, Earl Marischal said:

Fantastic looking 32.

steve

Thanks Steve