Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rider

On 2019-07-21 at 9:12 PM, spencer1984 said:

That'll buff right out! :lol: Looks great, I love it!

?

On 2019-07-21 at 10:29 PM, DumpyDan said:

Very nice work Curtis, are you showing how you put this together in On The Bench Section?

Thanks Dan. It's nothing but crumpled up tin foi,l a wheel/tire, some spare bits and lots of paint and weathering.

On 2019-07-22 at 10:15 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

You never know. It might resurrect itself!

Lol

On 2019-07-22 at 10:27 AM, crazyjim said:

Love it.

?

On 2019-07-22 at 11:46 AM, Geno said:

Not what I was expecting but way cool.B)

?

On 2019-07-23 at 6:12 AM, 57peppershaker said:

"But ya cant polish a turd"

Great idea and looks real cool.

?

21 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

You should have it resin cast!  ?

I did think of making a mold. The issue is the silicone would get into all the cracks and crevices, which would lock the part in the mold. 

3 hours ago, Dominik said:

:blink::D...what an idea.

?

Thanks for the interest and comment guys. I really appreciate them all.  

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Very cool! For an encore, you can do Goldfinger's Lincoln Continental. (Or was it Mr. Solo's? Oddjob was drving, so I guess it was Goldfinger's.) :lol:B)

Thanks Snake. I have another idea. One more intune to a pancake method of crushing a car, allowing for more detail be show. Too bad I don't have a Lincoln kit. Thanks for your suggestion. ?

Edit: I found this, skip to the half way point. 

Edited by Rider

1 hour ago, Rider said:

Edit: I found this, skip to the half way point. 

It always impressed me how that Falcon Ranchero could take the full 2½+ tons of Lincoln Continental being dropped in it and drive off with barely a wobble :lol:

Edited by spencer1984

16 minutes ago, spencer1984 said:

It always impressed me how that Falcon Ranchero could take the full 2½+ tons of Lincoln Continental being dropped in it and drive off with barely a wobble :lol:

Me too. Not to mention the million dollars' worth of gold in the trunk (And gold was like $35 an ounce in those days--do the math.) 

I think I read somewhere that they actually broke the Ranchero the first time they tried to film that scene, and had to figger out another way to do it. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Me too. Not to mention the million dollars' worth of gold in the trunk (And gold was like $35 an ounce in those days--do the math.) 

I think I read somewhere that they actually broke the Ranchero the first time they tried to film that scene, and had to figger out another way to do it. :lol:

I was thinking the same. I forgot about the gold in the trunk too. A 1/2  pick up couldn't carry that load. 

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Right, I had forgotten about that. And because I'm a huge nerd, I did: at $35/oz, $1M should  be 28,571 oz...convert Troy ounces to pounds, and you've added something like 1,959 pounds to the load.  All combined, that's like dropping an M1113 ECV in the back of a Ranchero...

1 hour ago, spencer1984 said:

Right, I had forgotten about that. And because I'm a huge nerd, I did: at $35/oz, $1M should  be 28,571 oz...convert Troy ounces to pounds, and you've added something like 1,959 pounds to the load.  All combined, that's like dropping an M1113 ECV in the back of a Ranchero...

?

On 2019-07-25 at 1:49 PM, dragmodels44 said:

I cry when I see those cars getting crushed. I couldn’t find the clip but how about the scene from the original Gone in 60 Seconds when Madrian crushes the Tor-Red ‘73 Challenger R/T that he had to steal from the Dealership lot! Heartbreaking!!

You'd  have had a melt down knowing what I've seen.? My grandfather owned a big wrecking yard, once a year a mobile crusher rolled in. I grew up hanging around/in that yard in the '70's and early ''80's. 

18 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I liked the prehistoric GPS tracking device in the T-Bird.... 

I dig the map graphics too. 

18 hours ago, cobraman said:

I can't help but to keep coming back to look at this. Such a cool idea. Very creative and well done. I would never had thought to build something like this.

??That's why I build.

I only wish I had originally thought of this idea. 

Nothing gets me into building wacky out of the box stuff more then hearing it made someone smile and or laugh. I truly build for myself,  but when it makes someone smile and laugh, that's even better.

Edited by Rider

I used to be into model railroading big time and belonged to the Miniature Railroad Club of York, PA. We created a junkyard scene on the layout and used tinfoil to make a scrap pile. We cubed it up and stacked it like 3 or 4 high and about 6 deep to create a pile ready to be loaded by magnet crane into rail gondolas  for shipment to our steel mill. Wish I had some pics of it to share, it looked pretty cool. The scrapyard scene was removed years ago to make room for something else though. 

Jeff 

2 hours ago, Rider said:

You'd  have had a melt down knowing what I've seen.? My grandfather owned a big wrecking yard, once a year a mobile crusher rolled in. I grew up hanging around/in that yard in the '70's and early ''80's. 

You could spend all day watching them crush cars on YouTube