Model Cars Magazine Forum

How high will it go?

10 minutes ago, Bucky said:

I don't have much hope of ever getting any Jo-Han Fury from '65 to '68, except maybe the 4 door '68 Police car, and I already have one of those.

Don't give up.

I found the Johan '65, '66 and '67 Fury's just in the past 5 or 6 years.

All of them were un-built and in very good shape, all bought on ebay.

The '65 was complete, the '66 was missing the chassis, (big deal) and the '67 was missing one stock wheel cover, which I have since found a replacement for.

I don't recall prices on them, but I'm pretty certain that I did not pay $200.00 for any of them.

Steve

I like the 65 myself, especially after following Steve’s build with his. But that 66 looked pretty fine. 

I had a max bid, that I was not willing to increase. And I would have to agree with the others that it will probably pass the $250 mark. Just a bit out of my range right now. 

If I didn’t just fill my humidor with cigars, maybe I would have went higher. 

27 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Don't give up.

I found the Johan '65, '66 and '67 Fury's just in the past 5 or 6 years.

All of them were un-built and in very good shape, all bought on ebay.

The '65 was complete, the '66 was missing the chassis, (big deal) and the '67 was missing one stock wheel cover, which I have since found a replacement for.

I don't recall prices on them, but I'm pretty certain that I did not pay $200.00 for any of them.

Steve

The way things are right now around here, a hunnert clams would be pushing it!! HAHAHA

I once bought a 1:1 '72 Chrysler Newport 4dr. with a 400 in it for $200.00! Great running car! Ahhhhh......those were the days!! HAHAHA

6 minutes ago, Bucky said:

The way things are right now around here, a hunnert clams would be pushing it!! HAHAHA

I once bought a 1:1 '72 Chrysler Newport 4dr. with a 400 in it for $200.00! Great running car! Ahhhhh......those were the days!! HAHAHA

My dad taught me how to drive in a big ole 72 Chrysler Newport four door with a 440 and low mileage. I wish I had that car today. 

32 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

My dad taught me how to drive in a big ole 72 Chrysler Newport four door with a 440 and low mileage. I wish I had that car today. 

Mine had low mileage, but had been sideswiped by a dump truck! I had to get in and out on the passenger side!!

19 minutes ago, Bucky said:

Mine had low mileage, but had been sideswiped by a dump truck! I had to get in and out on the passenger side!!

I had a '72 Plymouth Fury 4 door sedan.

Typical 70's Mopar boat.

360 2 bbl, green on green on green! :P

My dad bought it as a second car after the '68 Buick Skylark I was driving finally bought the farm.

The sad part of the story was that the choice was between the '72 Fury and a Panther Pink 1971 Dodge Demon with white stripes, white bucket seat interior and a 318!

My dad detected a lifter tick in the Dodge, so we came home with the Plymouth.

What a disappointment for a 17 year old kid! :(

Shortly thereafter, my brother was getting rid of his '68 Chrysler Newport and I was given the option of keeping the Plymouth, or taking the Chrysler.

It was an easy decision.

The 383 in the Chrysler ran circles around the 360 in the Plymouth! ;)

Steve

I know that some of these kits are going for stupid money, that I would never pay myself.

But.....I have my everlovin firstborn getting married in two and a half weeks,  and dang, weddings are expensive.  Soooooo...I put a built model on Ebay Sunday evening with a buy it now of $600.00 shipped....it sold in two and a half hours.  Sure, I may have left some money on the table,  but I paid for the cake...and a couple other things. ?

2 minutes ago, Sam I Am said:

I know that some of these kits are going for stupid money, that I would never pay myself.

But.....I have my everlovin firstborn getting married in two and a half weeks,  and dang, weddings are expensive.  Soooooo...I put a built model on Ebay Sunday evening with a buy it now of $600.00 shipped....it sold in two and a half hours.  Sure, I may have left some money on the table,  but I paid for the cake...and a couple other things. ?

Can you share a pic of the model you sold? 

6 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

My first born is getting married next Saturday as well!

The difference is that she is 30 years old and will be paying for a large portion of the wedding herself.

No model sacrifices required! :P

Steve

8 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

But.....I have my everlovin firstborn getting married in two and a half weeks,  and dang, weddings are expensive.  

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

My first born is getting married next Saturday as well!

Congrats guys!  My eldest got married three summers ago.  Also in her 30s and they paid for a good portion of the over the top wedding.  I have one daughter to go and she's more conservative!  

10 hours ago, Bucky said:

He has a few of those Rambler American kits. They don't seem to be commanding big dollars, yet.

They never have, compared to other Jo-Han kits. A few years ago I paid $50 for a mint flat-box '64 Rambler American, and had to think more than twice about it. What finally sold me was the opening trunk, complete with luggage. Weird, I know.

The Jo-Han flat-box "Custom Series" kits are also rarely seen, but don't seem to bring any higher prices than the regular kits. Which makes sense, AFAIK the kit inside is exactly the same as the regular issue. At least this '68 Eldorado is.  Jo-Han just played up the custom building option. Great box art, though. Reminds me of the '66 Toronado in Stephen King's novel "The Dark Half."

68eldo-a1.JPG

36 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Congrats guys!  My eldest got married three summers ago.  Also in her 30s and they paid for a good portion of the over the top wedding.  I have one daughter to go and she's more conservative!  

Haha. All you guys are old. MY daughter, Alicia only turns 30 tomorrow. Lol. 

I don’t see her getting married anytime soon. Her and her guy have been together a while, and I guess if it works for them, that’s all that counts. 

1 hour ago, gtx6970 said:

Well,

the 66 Fury is out of my budget.

SO ,,,I decided to try and am currently high bidder on same sellers 1967 Chrysler 300

So all you other guys stay away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL

Wow!! It's only $99.99 behind the Plymouth, now!

2 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Well,

SO ,,,I decided to try and am currently high bidder on same sellers 1967 Chrysler 300

I would guess that the Chrysler will go for less than the Plymouth, but not a lot less.

I would estimate that the Chrysler should still bring close to $200.00.

I won't intrude.

I already have one. ;)

Steve

20 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Glad I got mine 10 or so years ago...

I'm with you brother!

I got really lucky in the past 5 or 6 years and managed to get nearly everything that I really wanted, and during a time when I had more disposable income than I do now.

The timing was just right! :D

Steve

3 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Well,

Lol... that’s why I didn’t say WHAT I actually bid..

I see that the price jumped. Good luck, I hope you win. That’s a beauty of a kit. Eventually I’ll get one some day. 

Edited by Brutalform