Model Cars Magazine Forum

1934 Duesenberg Torpedo Phaeton

landman

Love the orange chassis!  Those rich guys had some crazy colour combos back in the day and this sits fine with my eyes.

For what it is worth, if it was my resto, I would grab one of those triple grit polishing sticks and take that hint of flash off the leading edge of the front fender.  It would soften the look and reduce the impression of being a plastic part.  I hope we get to see this one photographed alongside your recent conversion - they would make a great pair!

Cheers

Alan

Ended up using a windshield from another car...which precluded using te top. Fabbed up some tailight stanchions and used red tinted cowl lights for tailights. I don't like those huge Duesenberg taillights. Found a chrome sprue and replaced the rear instrument panel. 

IMG_9671.JPG

IMG_9670.JPG

On 11/8/2019 at 6:02 PM, alan barton said:

Love the orange chassis!  Those rich guys had some crazy colour combos back in the day and this sits fine with my eyes.

For what it is worth, if it was my resto, I would grab one of those triple grit polishing sticks and take that hint of flash off the leading edge of the front fender.  It would soften the look and reduce the impression of being a plastic part.  I hope we get to see this one photographed alongside your recent conversion - they would make a great pair!

Cheers

Alan

And one for Alan. Hope you like it.

DSC_0009.JPG

On 11/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, landman said:

And one for Alan. Hope you like it.

DSC_0009.JPG

I like it. The two models parked together exude real class. Right now there is a Duesenberg Phaeton making the Concours rounds with painted wheels (albiet with stainless steel spokes) It's a knockout of a car. Yours looks great. I'm surprised how well the Packard windshield fits this body. It looks right at home there. Nice job Pat.

29 minutes ago, Eric Macleod said:

I like it. The two models parked together exude real class. Right now there is a Duesenberg Phaeton making the Concours rounds with painted wheels (albiet with stainless steel spokes) It's a knockout of a car. Yours looks great. I'm surprised how well the Packard windshield fits this body. It looks right at home there. Nice job Pat.

It took a bit of carving.