Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airfix BMW M1 road car 1:24

Funkychiken

14 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Why are so many wives slavedrivers?  Looks like a challenging project, will be watching.  I saw an Andy Warhol decal for sale on a Facebbook Marketplace, but seller wanted resin / p-e wheels and resin hood to go with it (for the ESCI kit).  I have 4 lifetimes supply of these badges, if you want any.

IMG_7036_Fotor.jpg

Hey Kurt, I would love a set of BMW emblems, I've been keeping an eye on eBay, and my traditional hobby shops here in Europe, and no luck... I'll PM you. Thanx

18 hours ago, David G. said:

An interesting kit. Great work with it so far!

David G.

18 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

Oooh! How'd I miss this one?? I'll definitely be following along! So far this is looking good and I too thought that all of these kits had engines.

I have a couple of the ESCI kits, but the one kit the body has wider wheel well flares than the other. I think the wider flared car might be a later issue? They both have the same box art.

Been there done that with moving! Took me a couple months or so to get back in the swing of things with building and it's still taking a bit of getting used to. I haven't attempted airbrushing anything yet as I need to hook up the accordion dryer hose to vent the fumes for the booth and then make some sort of outlet for the paint spray to be vented outside.

MrObsessive, The esci kit I have is the sports version, I guess they used the same mould for the street car?

David, thanow for the comment!

19 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Why are so many wives slavedrivers?  Looks like a challenging project, will be watching.  I saw an Andy Warhol decal for sale on a Facebbook Marketplace, but seller wanted resin / p-e wheels and resin hood to go with it (for the ESCI kit).  I have 4 lifetimes supply of these badges, if you want any.

IMG_7036_Fotor.jpg

NICE!!!!!

• 3 months later...

This was clear-coated a while ago - about the same time I did the body for the RX-7

It came out with only about 5 dust blobs, and the finish will be great after sanding and polishing, it's had 2 full coats, so it shouldn't burn through. now for that interior!

20200615_221125.jpg

20200615_221134.jpg

20200615_221147.jpg

Great old Airfix kit! Your doing a grand job sprucing it up! I was a race marshal at Silverstone when they had a one make series with nearly 30 of these on the grid mainly driven by F1 pilots. These were at the time one of the F1 support races at each GP!

13 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Loving it, Bud!!!!

Thank's Dann!

On 6/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, PatW said:

Great old Airfix kit! Your doing a grand job sprucing it up! I was a race marshal at Silverstone when they had a one make series with nearly 30 of these on the grid mainly driven by F1 pilots. These were at the time one of the F1 support races at each GP!

CHeers Pat, must have been a sight to behold!

On 6/16/2020 at 7:46 AM, beeRS said:

Looking good in white. I like what your doing with the interior, by cutting out the seats.

Thanks Sonny, I'm waiting for the BMW racing stripes to come as decals from China...

On 6/16/2020 at 2:19 AM, Italianhorses said:

Nice paint job! Love the M1 in white.

Thanks Alex!

On 6/15/2020 at 11:05 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

Great to see something unusual like this being built, and some impressive effort going into making it look good.

Thanks Nigel, hope it's worth it!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...