Model Cars Magazine Forum

New From Round2/AMT 2020

stavanzer

John,

Other than the Corvette, I don't recall any GM cars coming standard with disc brakes in '67.  In fact, special 15" wheels were used on the intermediates that had that option, as did large Chevy and Pontiac models.  I believe the 4-piston calipers were used for all of the GM disc brakes in '67 and '68 except possibly the Corvette, which I think were made by Delco.  The 4-piston caliper brakes were made by Bendix, though Delco made some of the master cylinders.  My '68 Eldorado came standard with these brakes.  GM went to the more conventional brakes starting with the '69 model year.  

4 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Hmmmmm....new Chevy II wagon die cast in  64TH.....A hint of plastic 25TH????

Good news China is back working.....but reports on media say different???

China is a gigantic country, one place may be open while 500 miles away one may be shut down to be cleaned.

Same as the US.

Edited by hpiguy

1 hour ago, hpiguy said:

China is a gigantic country, one place may be open while 500 miles away one may be shut down to be cleaned.

Same as the US.

I've worked with the vendor in China and understand.....but I am not trusting the Chinese Govmt right now.  Per reports many workers are being forced back to work.......It's nothing like the US. 

2 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I've worked with the vendor in China and understand.....but I am not trusting the Chinese Govmt right now.  Per reports many workers are being forced back to work.......It's nothing like the US. 

I think Rob was making reference to distance and land mass rather than any bucolic tendencies of the respective governments.

41 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

I think Rob was making reference to distance and land mass rather than any bucolic tendencies of the respective governments.

I fully understood.  China is big....got it. The WORKERS I dealt with were hard working folks that did as we asked and did good work. 

The Govmt is a totally different thing. I'll end with that....read China's 100 year marathon if you want more info. 

16 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Hope they keep all that stuff in there........like other resent reissues they may tool a few parts to be able to reissue it. 

Yes I do too hope they keep all the race parts in the kit..... was this not the hardest one to get in drag form ?

Those hanger shots were used in production too, for quality control.  My best guess is that every so often, they'd take a shot that just came out of the molding machine and compare to the hanger shot, to ensure that nothing was blocked off which would cause incompletely molded parts, or "short shots".  I've got three of those: '56 Ford, '59 and '65 El Caminos.  I got them at one of the Toledo shows in the late Eighties.  One guy at the Ertl display kept asking the guy who went with me, "where did you get those?"

Thanks, Casey. I remember that thread. By coincidence it shows exactly the hanger shot of the Cutlass. Are there any other public pics of additional kit's hangers?

Mr. Mopar: That would be the one from the hanger shot. But I doubt they would sell that many from this version. A stock one would definitely fare better, IMHO.