Model Cars Magazine Forum

New From Round2/AMT 2020

stavanzer

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few newly announced 2020 Round2 kits:

AMT 1189 - 1960 Ford Ranchero with Coke Chest(?)

AMT 1190 - 1965 Ford Fairlane Modified Stocker

AMT 1191 - 1965 Pontiac GTO

AMT 1197 - '41 Plymouth Coupe (Coca-Cola)

AMT 1216 - 1988 Ford Mustang GT

MPC 877 - Bill Jenkins Pro Stock 1972 Vega

I've always though the Fairlane stocker was silly loking with those enormous drag slicks front and back. And whats with that hood overhang? Although as far as Coke decals go, they missed a cool opportunity by not adding them to this kit as sponsorship decals. 

Image result for AMT 1190 - 1965 Ford Fairlane Modified Stocker

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Here are a few newly announced 2020 Round2 kits:

AMT 1189 - 1960 Ford Ranchero with Coke Chest(?)

AMT 1190 - 1965 Ford Fairlane Modified Stocker

AMT 1191 - 1965 Pontiac GTO

AMT 1197 - '41 Plymouth Coupe (Coca-Cola)

AMT 1216 - 1988 Ford Mustang GT

MPC 877 - Bill Jenkins Pro Stock 1972 Vega

So, they go back to the well for the '60 Ranchero, and the '41 Plymouth... The '65 Fairlane Mod Stock, is the 3rd out of 9 potential Mod Stock kits. I am excited to see that.

The Grumpy Jenkins Vega is very nice to see. That leaves the Mustang & the GTO. I read a whole lotta Guff about the GTO kit, so it will probably remain a mixed bag of a kit, with two sharply drawn sides. The "Haterz" and the "It's the only Game in Town" guys.  I have no Monkey in That Circus, let me tell you. The Mustang is a kit I should know, but my memory draws a complete blank on this kit. I'll wait to see what it looks like on the shelf. For Now, I don't need one.

It will be interesting to see what comes out over the next 6 months. Round2 will sell me three  of the Mod Stock kits, and a couple others. ('70 Fire Chief Car & and the Pinto Popper, at a minimum)

It has been a good year already, at least for me.

3 hours ago, alexis said:

The Mustang is a kit I should know, but my memory draws a complete blank on this kit.

Seems like it's the MPC '88 GT kit, solid chrome plated headlights(!!) and all, maybe now falling under the AMT label?

AMT-38282-2.jpg.f9c5125193505f52576bbc59d19d20a2.jpg

MPC-6211-2.jpg.4f1866d3dbe936174e82f8e2df7d0e9b.jpg

Grumpy Jenkins' 1972 Vega P/S . 

If this were the only kit that Round2 releases for MMXX , then I'm okay with that !

That MPC 1988 Mustang GT was last cosmetically-updated for the 1987 model year . Under that so-so reskin , it's the same old Mustang Fox Body kit that dates-back to c.1979 . It's not terrible ; it's just not stellar . I just hope that those totally incorrect B.F. Goodrich Radial T/A tyres are still included ( not ! ) .

I have the Ranchero kit in its last iteration . I may have to get another one now... Chevy Mark IV engine notwithstanding ( haha ) .

Grumpy Jenkins' 1972 Vega Pro Stock !!!!! 

16 hours ago, Oldschool4x4 said:

Just what does "Street Stock Strip" tm mean?  Its not street, its no way stock, I guess if its four wheel drive it could blast down the strip.?

That's an old box art.....done mostly for WalMart run of kits. All had that logo on them and almost all of them had bad box art. The hood fits on the model....someone didn't even look at it when they spent 3 minutes doing the box photo.  

15 hours ago, Casey said:

Seems like it's the MPC '88 GT kit, solid chrome plated headlights(!!) and all, maybe now falling MPC-6211-2.jpg.4f1866d3dbe936174e82f8e2df7d0e9b.jpg

Since the Fox body fans get their favorite Mustang back, it would be nice to see Round 2 throw some love to the 3rd gen F-body fans by reissuing the MPC '92 Camaro Z28 and the insert tooling to make a stock '92 Firebird GTA out of the Knight Rider issue.

3 hours ago, WGaree said:

any release date given on the Vega? out of the group it’s the only one I don’t own already or a subject I care enough about to buy 

Assume it's December 31, 2020. If it shows up sooner, you'll be pleasantly surprised. B):lol: