Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Toyota GR Supra( Bmoyta Zupra)

martinfan5

So here is mine, all done, lovely kit, I mean, Tamiya really did raise the bar , I did find installing the headlights/taillights to be bit clunky if you will, I am very much looking forward to building the second one I have with the wide body kit.   Paint is Turbulence Gray = (C2Y). Aka BMW Bluestone Metallic from Scalefinishes.  You cant even tell the rear bumper was ever broken......what? (rofl)     I did manage to get some glue on the drivers side of the windshield, I really have the s****ist luck when it comes to windows.  

Supra1-vi.jpg
Supra2-vi.jpg
Supra3-vi.jpg
Surpa4-vi.jpg
Supra11-vi.jpg
Supra10-vi.jpg
Supra13-vi.jpg

21 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looks great ! I have messed up more windows than I care to mention.

Thank you Ray!,  It seems its every single build these days, its frustrating for sure.

19 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Very nice! Tamiya has really gotten my attention lately with their new kits. 

Thank you Roger,  I mean, you almost have to go out your way to mess up the new kits, they are worth the money and just pleasure to build.

17 hours ago, kelson said:

Turned out very nice!!

Curtis my friend, thank you sir.

16 hours ago, majel said:

Beautiful model of a beautiful car, great job!

Jim, thank you

16 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

Thank yo Chris.

13 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Turned out great! Love the name you gave it.

Ben

Thank you my friend,   now get yours finished , I cant wait to see it!( post it in the Pheedens group)

9 hours ago, Rich Chernosky said:

Very nice job, like the colour. Really can't tell from the photos if you have glue on the window. have you tried Novus 2 to try and polish it out.  Windows are a pain any way you look at it. 

Thank you Rich,   I think its glue, its a couple of small spots ,  I have in the past been able to wet sand it out, I do have all three stages of Novus ,  I felt because they were small that I was just going to leave, and with my bad of the rear bumper getting broke ,I just wanted to get it finished out of harms way.

5 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Impressive model and fantastic photos. I have yet to see a full scale new Supra in the flesh. This is almost as good.

Phil, thank you ,  I can't say that I have either, but I know someone that is going to be getting one( he is even member here) if goes with my suggestion, it will be the same color as this one

2 hours ago, Silver Foxx said:

A super nice build , looks great , the usual Tamiya top quality product .

Bruce, thank you , yes, they managed to out do themselves

18 hours ago, Bennyg said:

I definitely want to get mine finished. The weather is too humid to paint, so the build is stalled.

Ben

When is your weather going to be better for painting ?

16 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Awesome work Jonathan. Great paint. Great model. 

Thank you Erik

4 hours ago, Shelby 427 1965 said:

Flawless.

Thank you Tomo