Model Cars Magazine Forum

If anyone has built the Revell (USA) Peterbilt 359 Snap Tite

The steer tires and most of the drives are from Jamie at Moluminum. The other tires are Moebius, along with the front wheels. The rear five-hole wheels are from KJ at Double Take. 

These are great kits, like I said, but they have a few shortcomings, like the wheels and tires. Nothing that can’t be fixed.

1 hour ago, vincen47 said:

The steer tires and most of the drives are from Jamie at Moluminum. The other tires are Moebius, along with the front wheels. The rear five-hole wheels are from KJ at Double Take. 

These are great kits, like I said, but they have a few shortcomings, like the wheels and tires. Nothing that can’t be fixed.

Thanks I appreciate it

Here are three that I did in 2018-19 . Made all of them day cabs . Modified two suspensions To create a single drive, and a tri drive , and the third a stock dual drive .

Converted to single exhaust . covered the front of the battery boxes to hide the snap tabs .  Changed the fuel tanks to ones from Italeri kit . Made a larger heavy duty bumper for the tri drive . Wheels and tires from older Italeri kits .  And some other slight mods as well

Be Well

Gator

IMG_3971.jpg

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

Edited by gatorincebu

Hello Jerry, hello all                           I have seen your models with a great interest . Here’s some of pictures from topic i’ve recently posted ( 2019 september ) . It’s a Revell snap tite model ( Monogram) . I’ve chosen this kit , in particular, for the short sleeper and Caterpillar engine. It’s a proper kit for a beginner ( although i’m not a beginner) , it’s less detailed than the 359 Revell ( Germany) , but with a little bit work , you may get a good result with this kind of model kit . I like the look with the combination of short hood/short sleeper .  Next step : a van trailer with better asphalt and better showing .               Philippe 

36CCF406-24DE-4A7B-B878-14B97D4352F7.jpeg

381C1E5E-DC87-4A5E-9A83-B03848255400.jpeg

04940CC0-93BE-42C6-89EE-BFB846CF6D9D.jpeg

AF0726D7-9059-4D3C-BBDA-A124BF0BC537.jpeg

Edited by grodudulle77

11 minutes ago, grodudulle77 said:

Hello Jerry, hello all                           I have seen your models with a great interest . Here’s some of pictures from topic i’ve recently posted ( 2019 september ) . It’s a Revell snap tite model ( Monogram) . I’ve chosen this kit , in particular, for the short sleeper and Caterpillar engine. It’s a proper kit for a beginner ( although   I’m not a beginner) , it’s less detailed than the 359 Revell ( Germany) , but with a little bit work , you may get a good result with this kind of model kit . I like the look with the combination of short hood/short sleeper .  Next step : a van trailer with better asphalt and better showing .               Philippe 

36CCF406-24DE-4A7B-B878-14B97D4352F7.jpeg

381C1E5E-DC87-4A5E-9A83-B03848255400.jpeg

04940CC0-93BE-42C6-89EE-BFB846CF6D9D.jpeg

AF0726D7-9059-4D3C-BBDA-A124BF0BC537.jpeg

Phillipe thanks for posting. Yours is phenomenal. 

As you can see these are great kits and with some added details they can be made into some real stunning trucks. I almost always see them for about $25, so small investment. The biggest downside to these kits is the wheels/tires. Just plan to replace them right from the start, lots of options. 

I did a KW DD day cab for a future fruit hauler I have planned. I used wheels and tires from an AMT kit for the rear. Best thing about these kits is that doing mock ups is super easy, they snap together and snap back apart. 

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Edited by Oldmopars

23 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

As you can see these are great kits and with some added details they can be made into some real stunning trucks. I almost always see them for about $25, so small investment. The biggest downside to these kits is the wheels/tires. Just plan to replace them right from the start, lots of options. 

I did a KW DD day cab for a future fruit hauler I have planned. I used wheels and tires from an AMT kit for the rear. Best thing about these kits is that doing mock ups is super easy, they snap together and snap back apart. 

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Nice job I like that

• 9 months later...

Going on advice from sellers online I was told to start with a snap kit before getting into AMT stuff. After buying a couple of AMT kits recently and seeing the difference it was good advice! This is my first truck build which I did for my dad for Christmas. Awesome kit by Revell, the only thing I didn't like was the tyres. The sidewalls were a bit wrinkly in the box and they don't sit nicely against the rims, I had to use some canopy glue to hold them to the wheels, other than that, it basically go's together like Logo.

Model Truck Build 1.JPG

Hi, Some great models on this thread, I built this Monogram snaptite Kenworth some years ago . I extended the sleeper  & used italeri hard plastic tyres, This is now on my rebuild list with a new set of wheels & tyres 

Just noticed this thread is about PB 359 my mistake.

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

Edited by The Brush
Edit text