Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lighter Side of Corona

unclescott58

31 minutes ago, afx said:

I know Covid 19 is a grand conspiracy invented by a Chinese Democrat Deep-State Never-Trumper but maybe making light of hundreds of thousand of people worldwide already lost to this pandemic and likely many thousands more to come is rather callous?

Please don't try to politicize this thread. 

I just reviewed the whole thread. NOT ONE post herein makes light of "hundreds of thousand of people worldwide already lost to this pandemic and likely many thousands more to come." Not one. None makes light of or berates the brave professionals who are doing their best to keep us safe. The thread is poking fun at things like toilet-paper hoarding, hand-washing, and being stuck at home.  Laughing at adversity and at ourselves is what makes us human. 

As Sergeant Hulka might say, "Lighten up, Francis." B)

Edited by Snake45

1 hour ago, afx said:

... maybe making light of hundreds of thousand of people worldwide already lost to this pandemic and likely many thousands more to come is rather callous?

Might want to check your stats. As of 19:34 GMT today, the global death toll is 73,875.

And a little humor in the face of serious, frightening, or painful subject matter is well known for being a stress reliever.

https://www.nurseslearning.com/courses/nrp/NRPCX-W0009/html/body.humor.page7.htm

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Please don't try to politicize this thread. 

I just reviewed the whole thread. NOT ONE post herein makes light of "hundreds of thousand of people worldwide already lost to this pandemic and likely many thousands more to come." Not one. None makes light of or berates the brave professionals who are doing their best to keep us safe. The thread is poking fun at things like toilet-paper hoarding, hand-washing, and being stuck at home.  Laughing at adversity and at ourselves is what makes us human. 

As Sergeant Hulka might say, "Lighten up, Francis." B)

Thank you Snake. This thread is not to make light of people dying from the pandemic. It's was started to keep us all sane. And not let the grief overtake us. For one who has fought with PTSD and depression, I find humor like this as a life saver. 

Edited by unclescott58

3 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

^^^ Geez Ray...don't give the toilet-paper-crazed hoarding sheeple any ideas.

Don't know about you, but I use the stuff and assumed some modellers do too. Maybe move the post to Tips and Tricks.