Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Mustang sprint sportsroof

vamach1

Taking a break from the GT40's to go back and finish some AMT and MPC Mustang bodies I painted a long time ago.  A rim-blow wheel was added and I think the seats were out of another kit.   The hood is cut out from the Johan funny car and the decals are from Keith Marks.  All the rest of the parts to complete it are in my parts stash.  The engine will be a stock 302 or perhaps a modified one from the blue engine spares box to make it look like a 351 Cleveland.  The decals were super thin and came off the backing sheet in about five seconds.  The red pinstripe just above the grabber blue along the bottom will be tricky as it' a really narrow.

IMG_7871.JPG

IMG_7872.JPG

IMG_7873.JPG

IMG_7874.JPG

IMG_7875.JPG

IMG_7881.JPG

Edited by vamach1

Interesting project.  I was working in Chicago when these came out. I was at 63 rd. and Pulaski.  The local Ford dealer had a parade of the cars right past our place. Mustangs, Mavericks and Pintos if I remember right.  It was pretty cool to see.  I will be peaking in.

As a kid, the first time I saw this body style when they arrived at the dealership was identical to what you are modeling here. I was about nine or ten and was starting to I.D. cars. This left an impression and so does your model. Nice to see you're doing this.

55 minutes ago, Lunajammer said:

As a kid, the first time I saw this body style when they arrived at the dealership was identical to what you are modeling here. I was about nine or ten and was starting to I.D. cars. This left an impression and so does your model. Nice to see you're doing this.

Thanks

In a thread maybe a year agio I mentioned the reflective material I was using for a few Mustang models.  This sprint has the material on both the front amber and rear red reflectors.

IMG_7925.PNG

Edited by vamach1