Model Cars Magazine Forum

Four-Door Vette (OOB)

Faust

It looks like when light hits the dividing line between two dissimilar media and changes its angle. Except here, it's terrible. 

That is a total travesty, and how that back end is anything to do with a '75, I'll never know. 

If there was a kit of that, I would not build it. Oh wait, who the heck am I kidding. Of course I would, just to rub it in... just like the Ferrari Rainbow. At least its straight lines all line up.

Maybe he left the clay model he was working off of out in the rain?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 9:52 PM, Brian Austin said:

I think the problem was the use of unmodified doors for the front. To flow better new door skins would have to be fabricated that don't flare out.

And then new side glass would have to be formed if the roof had been redesigned to flow in a graceful line.

That wasn't the only problem. 

I'm going to go with poor planning on the roof as a major failing, too. This thing makes the Corvette America look like a total thoroughbred!

Speaking of screwups, I saw a C4 or maybe C5 vette yesterday with a decal of some sort downt he middle of the rear window to try to emulate the split window look.   It was truly poorly done and horrible.   No back to the other screwups.  lol

32 minutes ago, randyc said:

Speaking of screwups, I saw a C4 or maybe C5 vette yesterday with a decal of some sort downt he middle of the rear window to try to emulate the split window look.   It was truly poorly done and horrible.   No back to the other screwups.  lol

I've seen fibreglass overlays for later 'Vettes to replicate the split window, they never look right. Why don't the owners just go all the way and add an extra pair of taillights while they're at it? 

2 hours ago, randyc said:

I've posted about this masterpiece before, but for newer members:  when I was a kid, a local "buy here pay here" used-car lot had a really strange contraption sitting on the "back 40."  With all the other hard-to-sell cars.

It was a '62 Corvette with the split-window roof of a '63 hardtop attached.  It looked like a 1:1 scale model kit, glued together by a kid with no hand-eye co-ordination.  The thing had been re-painted (badly) a bright red.  That was not a good idea, because chunks of white filler were exposed and falling off where the roof had been attached.  I only hoped that the poor '63 had been totaled in a crash, and the builder didn't destroy 2 good cars to create that monstrosity.