Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Oldsmobile Toronado in Aztec Gold (Jo-Han promo restoration)

Tommy124

Many thanks guys!

19 hours ago, David G. said:

One of my all-time favorite cars, very well done!

BTW the background you use for your photos, is that a diorama or an image? It works very well and adds a bit of realism to your photos.

David G.

That is a photo box as sold by ScaleProduction, Germany.

Thanks for your kind feedbacks!

On 10/25/2020 at 5:35 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Just saw this 66 at a car show today.

Nice to see a 66, my favorite Toronado vintage. Not to bring up the "C subject" here, but it really surprises me that events like this are not being cancelled in NY currently... No cars shows or shows of whatever kind are being allowed here due to German Government regulations in the current situation.

8 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Thanks for your kind feedbacks!

Nice to see a 66, my favorite Toronado vintage. Not to bring up the "C subject" here, but it really surprises me that events like this are not being cancelled in NY currently... No cars shows or shows of whatever kind are being allowed here due to German Government regulations in the current situation.

Well all the show and swap meets that are put on by different groups and clubs,have all been cancelled.But there were plenty of cruise nights all over Long Island.And a few Sunday “ Coffee,and cars”shows.The largest one was bringing in over a thousand cars.However they had to move the show location around a few times because the police were breaking them up.Now the newest one is being held at a local DMV parking lot.I was there this past Sunday.And it’s only less than 10 mins away.There weren’t over a thousand cars,but still,there were several hundred.But the weather is getting cold and the days are getting shorter.Hopefully the DMV show lasts.Just as long as there are no idiots doing any racing or burnouts.Time will only tell.And that sucks that there haven’t been any shows in your part of the world.

On 10/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, Rbray47 said:

Man, that is a good looking car

Thanks Randy!

20 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

And that sucks that there haven’t been any shows in your part of the world.

So true! And no shows means no way to enjoy the looks of vintage US cars at all, as there are hardly any to be seen in public traffic here.

Edited by Tommy124