Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 11/16/2020 at 8:08 PM, kilrathy10 said:

Yes Sir... It appears you're very much on your way... Looks quite remarkable with all the little bits and details included in this kit... Very nice work, Man...

And I like those tires way better than the kit ones... The lower profile is much better...

Thanks JT I like the lower profile and wider 

On 11/17/2020 at 12:50 AM, Mattilacken said:

What a kit! Looks terrific and hard at the same time! Probably way to fiddle for me! Great work on that frame!

Anton thanks there are a lot of small parts too

On 11/17/2020 at 8:13 AM, gotnitro? said:

Man those resin tires look good on there..painting them w testors army helo drab..nice aged tire color and your set 

The entire kit looks will detailed , reminds me of resin armor builds 

Jeff thanks for the tire painting information and yes it’s well detailed and very accurate I’ve been checking it to 1:1 pictures and it looks like it’s a 2019 or 2020 model. 

23 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Those tires are a much better fit for these trucks. On the real thing, the tires don't fill the wheel wells as fully as they do on the stock kit.

This one I delivered to a client a couple of weeks ago.

20201026_170449.thumb.jpg.dc1c6a30883862b67686e64bfe1a000e.jpg

Dan could you tell any difference in the new truck? 

23 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Dan (iamsuperdan) you didn't have the idea to go hide it in your garage... ?

Dan (Mopar - D) the tires are very nice, I will definitely buy a set for my Power Wagon too and thanks for the update my friend!

Francis your welcome. 

9 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

So the T30's is it, will be getting a set for mine, defiant improvement over the resin tires.

Jonathan you will like them 

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Those tires from Scenes Unlimited definitely look better the kit tires. Danny has a lot of options for tires in that size and they are all very nice. Just a warning, in checking his website he has posted he is swamped with orders so some patience is needed if you do place an order.

There’s a note on the Scenes Unlimited site that they will be taking a break in mid November but will be back taking new orders after the holiday. I received mine in a weeks time and yes they have lots to choose from. 

36 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

Dan could you tell any difference in the new truck? 

Yes, lots of differences between the 2017-2018 truck and the 2019+ trucks. 

The new truck has the 8-speed transmission, where the old had a 6-speed. Fuel economy has improved, and the truck is quieter and more responsive.

The headlights are so much better on the new trucks. Not just to look at, but light dispersal. 

Interior is hands down the best truck interior going. For me, the most comfortable seats in any truck. The instrument layout is great, and that 12" touchscreen is amazing.  Like having a massive iPad in your dash.

20201026_144243.thumb.jpg.93507b925e8d6de80331709eab5d2f37.jpg

20201026_144226.thumb.jpg.504355ca34f8a4d40dff0bd633b894a1.jpg

If you need some more detail shots of anything, let me know. :)

50 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Wow thats a beast !  I haven't seen a power wagon up close , but own its smaller sibling 2020 Big Horn . Absolutely best truck interior and comfort ive ever owned , and the color stands out in a sea of grays 

I don't want to distract from the main topic of Dan's thread, I think the Power Wagon is an amazing bumper-to-bumper truck.  However, I have to admit that I have a little preference for the Big Horn grille even though it doesn't look as sturdy as its big brother!   You have a superb pickup Jeff, I'm jealous and beautiful landscape by the way!

1 hour ago, gotnitro? said:

Wow thats a beast !  I haven't seen a power wagon up close , but own its smaller sibling 2020 Big Horn . Absolutely best truck interior and comfort ive ever owned , and the color stands out in a sea of grays 

Hydro Blue is such a nice colour on these trucks! Excellent choice!

3 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Yes, lots of differences between the 2017-2018 truck and the 2019+ trucks. 

The new truck has the 8-speed transmission, where the old had a 6-speed. Fuel economy has improved, and the truck is quieter and more responsive.

The headlights are so much better on the new trucks. Not just to look at, but light dispersal. 

Interior is hands down the best truck interior going. For me, the most comfortable seats in any truck. The instrument layout is great, and that 12" touchscreen is amazing.  Like having a massive iPad in your dash.

If you need some more detail shots of anything, let me know. :)

I find it weird to see that they still offer the manual transfer case lever when it appears they have switched to the rotary dial for the transmission in the HD trucks. Granted the manual transfer case isn't offered on many of the models, so I suppose in most cases it's not going to be configured that way.

1 hour ago, Jordan White said:

I find it weird to see that they still offer the manual transfer case lever when it appears they have switched to the rotary dial for the transmission in the HD trucks. Granted the manual transfer case isn't offered on many of the models, so I suppose in most cases it's not going to be configured that way.

It's definitely a bit of  throwback!

The manual transfer case is standard equipment on the Power Wagon and on the base model Tradesman. Not available at all on the Big Horn or higher trim levels.

The electronic push button 4WD is available as an option on the base Tradesman model for about $200CDN.

The new 75th Anniversary Edition Power Wagon comes with the push button transfer case, because it is the only Power Wagon that comes with bucket seats and floor console.

As for transmission, all HD Rams with the 6.4L gas engine get the 8-speed with rotary shift knob. The diesel trucks still get the 6-speed and column shift.

After going over and checking everything there was something missing in the kit and I figured it out the spare tire is missing. I’m going to have to get some more tires now. I’m going to use a rim from the 70 roadrunner it looks really close to the one I see used on the RAM. I’ve also installed the belts on the engine. Here’s what I have so far. 
EFE8F9AC_8FE8_473C_B926_6B2C71C3CD38.jpe
22DDC456_71E9_43EC_8D82_F4784C7A34D2.jpe

20 hours ago, kelson said:

Great work so far!,i really want to buy one of these !.

Curtis if you like lots of details this is a great kit to build. 

20 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Looking real nice, Man... Looking real nice... This will be a nice piece when completed, for sure...

Thanks JT

I’ve been working on the suspension. With the springs being fixable it’s been fun getting all the different parts to line up and have the axle square and level. Here’s where I’m at on the rear axle still have more parts to install on it then I will work on the front axle. This is the most detailed suspension that I’ve ever done. Here’s the pictures. 
5063431F_35C8_4942_812D_6257C6859D6D.jpe
931FE99C_D026_4C76_A8FE_9D7007C1672C.jpe
BFDBF643_F37E_4C01_853E_F791C82E3258.jpe

On 11/18/2020 at 9:47 AM, Mopar - D said:

Thanks Dan seeing you asked I’m looking for some engine compartment pictures. It looks like I could add some more tubing and some wires under the hood. 

Well then. Turns out I have nothing here right now with a 6.4L engine. 

Should have shortly. Will post up pics as soon as I can.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:24 AM, slusher said:

Really nice work so far, Dan!

Thanks Carl. 

On 11/22/2020 at 7:11 PM, kilrathy10 said:

It's looking good, Bro... Looking good...

Thanks JT it’s keeping me on my toes. I’m having to really study these instructions. 

On 11/23/2020 at 7:22 AM, gotnitro? said:

Very cool looking suspension !  There is a good amount of detail there for sure ,no molded in mufflers 

Thanks Jeff, definitely no molded in mufflers with 7 pieces to make up the exhaust system on this one.