Model Cars Magazine Forum

I’m building the A&N resin Power W 2500 aka RAM Power Wagon. It’s going to be white with the black Power Wagon graphics. I ordered the 6.4 Hemi engine and the detailed suspension to go with it. This is a very detailed kit with minimal flash to remove. I’ve started on the engine so far. Merging the 3 instructions together required some studying and marking them up so I don’t go to far with out switching over to the other instructions. Here’s what I have so far. 
B0672C7D_24FF_4B72_B25C_AF70DCD02435.jpe
DAB5AD96_ED20_451F_AD0C_B1C7288B4BAC.jpe
05885B9E_B237_429D_834D_FA54C2A37D14.jpe

Edited by Mopar - D

12 hours ago, modelercarl said:

Dan,  I started my kit about 2 weeks ago.  Got the 3 kits washed, primed and have started assembly.  By far the most challenging kit I have built.  I think that you are going to enjoy working on this model. 

Carl, I can’t agree more about the most challenging kit to build. I am enjoying it as its making me work at it and have to figure out a lot more than what I’m used to. 

I'm glad to see you at work on the new Power Wagon Dan!  I received the engine and suspension kit last week and have to say this is the most detailed resin kit I have ever seen (the most expersive too...)!   I have no plans to build this anytime soon, so I will be very interested to see your progress and your opinion on the whole product.

Francis so far everything is fitting together nicely but I have to study the instructions carefully. 

Joran for $8 bucks I’ve got some aftermarket tires coming and as far as the cost goes when I’m building a resin big rig by the time I get done buying the resin cab and donor kits it’s comes out about the same as this kit. 

Great job Dan!  I also planned to by replacement tires for my RAM so speaking of aftermarket tires, do you know if they are for 17 inch wheels like modern trucks or for older ones with 15 inch wheels?   Maybe if they are made with a soft enough rubber they will easily stretch to fit the wheels?!  Keep us posted, I'm interrested.

Yes Sir... It appears you're very much on your way... Looks quite remarkable with all the little bits and details included in this kit... Very nice work, Man...

And I like those tires way better than the kit ones... The lower profile is much better...

Edited by kilrathy10

Those tires from Scenes Unlimited definitely look better the kit tires. Danny has a lot of options for tires in that size and they are all very nice. Just a warning, in checking his website he has posted he is swamped with orders so some patience is needed if you do place an order.