Model Cars Magazine Forum

Payhauler 350 for larger project (weathered)

So, you may have seen that I am working on a Payhauler 350, lowboy trailer and International 4300 to haul it. The truck is done and now the 350 is finished. I only have the trailer to go. 

First off I love this kit. ERTL makes some great kits and R2 did a great job of bringing it back. Even if you build it box stock, it is a big build, 425 parts. So, I built it mostly OBB, but added a ton of hoses and weathering. I want this to look like a used, maybe 5-6 years old, not trashed, but they are getting their money out of it. So, not rusted out or dented up yet. I used all Rustoleum paints for the base layers, and Anita's (By Rustoleum) craft paints for the weathering. Hobby Lobby provided the tubing for all the hoses as well as the radiator hose that is actually leather. The dirt used is from my acreage, it is a super fine silt like powder I sift and use on my models. It is the right scale, about the same or finer than the stuff from AK. Please excuse the look of the headlights, the Micro Kristal Klear is still wet and it gives the headlights a white ring, it will dry clear soon, but I guess I got in a rush to get the pictures. Anyway, here it is:

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5150.jpg

IMG_5143.jpg

IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5145.jpg

IMG_5151.jpg

Edited by Oldmopars

I am in the process of cleaning the parts on mine and have these 2 parts left over and I can’t find them anywhere in the instructions. Do you know where they go?  Part 232 the ones on the right

46DE63AE-2547-43CE-973E-F1EAF7A0FA69.jpeg

Edited by zaina

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...