Model Cars Magazine Forum

Introducing: Subaru BRAT WRX STi

Zoom Zoom

Man, talk about 'Zombie' threads!!! This one and the 914 thread reappear. Both worthy of reappearing as well. Nice job with both kits!!

Thanks B)

I had the BRAT out of the case the other week to look at it...had been awhile since I took a look at it. Still one of my favorites. The spring of '06 I finished the 914 for the Birmingham Classic & the BRAT for the NNL East.

• 1 year later...

SNAP !!

I only found this thread because I was searching the net for custom painted Brats ( Brumby to us Aussies ) to get ideas for my build (in 1:1 scale).

Gobsmacked to see an almost identical custom model to mine :

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCF2139.jpg

Except mine is a backyard job compared to this beauty. I sort of got bored with it toward the end and just slapped it together - don't have time like when I was a kid to do all the fine detailing :-(

Oh and mine is a little bit different with 2 x WRX engines :

DSCN0033.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

Model was made with WRX interior and WRX chassis and a WRX front chassis welded in at the rear.

Yes I plan to build this for real - I have a rusty old Brumby (oops sorr - Brat) sitting in the garage waiting already. Not sure exactly how I am going to do it for real yet though. Will know more after I finish my current real build which is a Brat with full WRX running gear and a 13B turbo rotary engine :)

More photos showing the build and the rusty project can be found here : Twin engined build

Edited by Niterida

• 4 years later...

I know this is dragging up an old thread , but i am hoping its worth it , saw this thread about 6 months ago... always like the brat, saw zoom zoom model and thought it would be great to make it real life ... so i did !  :

it is based on a mk2 brat , not mk1 , hope people don't mind to much :) and i could not afford an STI , so its a std WRX running gear

hope you can see attachments 

brat2.jpg

brat1.jpg

brat3.jpg

Edited by 16vmini

I know this is dragging up an old thread , but i am hoping its worth it , saw this thread about 6 months ago... always like the brat, saw zoom zoom model and thought it would be great to make it real life ... so i did !  :

it is based on a mk2 brat , not mk1 , hope people don't mind to much :) and i could not afford an STI , so its a std WRX running gear

hope you can see attachments 

brat2.jpg

brat3.jpg

Beautiful job, it all comes together as well as any factory effort. Great lines, and a very appropriate color combination too. A++.

Did anyone save any pictures of the OP's model? I never saw it, and it's long gone.

Beautiful job, it all comes together as well as any factory effort. Great lines, and a very appropriate color combination too. A++.

Did anyone save any pictures of the OP's model? I never saw it, and it's long gone.

The photos of my model are on the 1st page of this thread, they still show up fine for me and they've not been moved on Fotki.

The photos of my model are on the 1st page of this thread, they still show up fine for me and they've not been moved on Fotki.

Bob, When I looked this morning, they were gone - little torn picture icons. I just figured it was the usual ten year-old thread stuff. But they are there now, and it looks just as nice as the original reviews had it.