Model Cars Magazine Forum

grand sport corvette roadster

22 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Aaah.....GORGEOUS!! :wub:

Is this one of Harold's (HRM) transkits? I won one of these years ago at the NNL East, and have yet to put it together. This is another one of my favorite '60's road racers along with the coupe Grand Sport.

thanks guys for all the positive feedback.    Yes  Harold's   HRM transkit.   i have a few  HRM  kits but this is the first  to be finished.   this  kit is very  accurate  with  correct 427 , different dash,  correct  torque thrust  wheels  and many other  great parts.

thanks guys

On 1/17/2021 at 6:25 AM, Len Woodruff said:

Very nice. What color/make of blue did you use for the stripes?

blue for stripes   was airbrushed using    Zero Paints   Ford  and Chevy   engine  blue part #  ZP-1395.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:46 AM, Rich Chernosky said:

William...great build. This is inspiration for me to dig out mine and build it. Thanks for posting...its awesome. 

you  will   enjoy this one,   the kit comes with  parts  to build restored   Penske  Sunoco  version  also.  a  headrest  behind the driver.   also not sure if this Penske car is a replica.

Corvette_GS_001_1966_#10_Penske_22.jpg

Edited by 65slotcar

21 hours ago, 65slotcar said:

thanks guys

blue for stripes   was airbrushed using    Zero Paints   Ford  and Chevy   engine  blue part #  ZP-1395.

you  will   enjoy this one,   the kit comes with  parts  to build restored  version  also.  a  headrest  behind the driver.  i went with  the  vintage how it raced look.

Thanks for the info.