Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRBO 2021. AMT Kenworth Aerodyne Cabover

12 hours ago, Jim Whalen said:

Nice build!  If you want to buy a new one, the Tyrone Malone's Kenworth Aerodyne 'Hide Out Truck' Transporter kit would fit the bill - just omit the race car hauler body.  McLaren Models in Falkirk is a good place to buy AMT kits in the U.K., they have this kit on Page 8 of their AMT section for £39.99.

Thanks, James. Yeah, I been thinking of getting that kit but I've been looking up builds and reviews of it and there's some parts that aren't in that version, like the fifth wheel and mud guards. I'll check out McLaren Models for sure, thanks.

42 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Thanks, James. Yeah, I been thinking of getting that kit but I've been looking up builds and reviews of it and there's some parts that aren't in that version, like the fifth wheel and mud guards. I'll check out McLaren Models for sure, thanks.

Hi, I had assumed the pieces you mentioned might still be on the chassis trees.  You could get parts from the aftermarket, kit-bash or reclaim the parts from an old build that had met its demise in some way.  One of the reasons I mentioned this kit was that you mentioned the idea of doing a grain truck.

1 hour ago, Jim Whalen said:

Hi, I had assumed the pieces you mentioned might still be on the chassis trees.  You could get parts from the aftermarket, kit-bash or reclaim the parts from an old build that had met its demise in some way.  One of the reasons I mentioned this kit was that you mentioned the idea of doing a grain truck.

I'd love to do a grain truck but haven't found anything here I can use for the bucket, and aftermarket parts for kits in the UK just doesn't exist. Can't even buy from the EU anymore without extortionate postage prices. I'll probably use a different kit to the aerodyne for a grain truck anyway. If I find a suitable trailer I might use the Mack Cruse Liner I have, but I think the chassis is a little short on that so will have to figure something out there.

Edited by doorsovdoon

6 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Thanks, Les. Some lovely ERF and Commer resin cabs on there!

I'm waiting for the scammell to come back, got a custom idea for it that going to take 2 cabs. It was kfs originally but they sold a lot of their molds last year and this place got it

4 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I'm waiting for the scammell to come back, got a custom idea for it that going to take 2 cabs. It was kfs originally but they sold a lot of their molds last year and this place got it

Nice. Hopefully they list it soon, I'll be keeping an eye out for that build for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 6:43 PM, gotnitro? said:

Fantastic build  !  Gorgeous color combo 

17 hours ago, Kromolly said:

Beautiful truck, great color combination and superb interior and chassis detailing.  Just outstanding in every way!

Thank, guys. One of the most fun builds I've done. I'm hoping to start another big rig build this week, either the Mack Cruiseliner or GMC Astro.

• 9 months later...
19 hours ago, Sledsel said:

I really like this build. I am saving some of your pics for reference since I just got my hands on one of these. Nice Job.

Yeah, sure thing! I hope they help. The only difficulty I came across with this kit really was how the exhaust stack support bars went, the rest of the kit is a breeze. Good luck man, looking forward to seeing it.