Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your dog !

Nazz

Pupdate.  One good....one not

Brian has been doing better once we figured out the dosage and took him off the CBD.  My wife is a nurse and figured out part of his issue was the CBD we had him on to keep the husky side more calm is processed in the liver.  Looking on the web, it's processed in the liver and with his liver cancer, it may be affecting his other meds.

My Aussie Jamie was diagnosed with kidney disease a week ago.  Her two enzymes five times the highest number on the range.  Vet felt if we would flush the kidneys we have a shot bringing her around.  She passed away a couple hours ago.  The pick below was her last spa day just six weeks ago.  She was a spoiled rotten Daddys girl!  The other pic was her falling asleep in my hand.  Those eyes just told me "I'm done!"  RIP baby

spa day.jpeg

Jamies last day.jpeg

• Sad 3

On 3/8/2023 at 6:36 AM, Rob Hall said:

Had to say goodbye to Henry yesterday.   He's always been a good boy.   He had a good life in Arizona and Ohio, had just turned 17 and his health had been declining for quite a while.   Here's a pic from a couple years ago when he was healthy.

IMG-4333.jpg

On 4/4/2023 at 11:00 AM, Rob Hall said:

Had to say goodbye to Ginger, who passed at 3:30 am today at age 15 after dealing w/ congestive heart failure for a while.  She was the last of our 4 Yorkies, lost Henry less than a month ago.   Had her since she was a puppy.   This a pic from about 10 years ago.   Sweet little dog.  

IMG-9166.JPG

Rob ,so sorry to here about Ginger. Its always tough when we lose a friend.

Jerry

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 6:06 AM, HomerS said:

Pupdate.  One good....one not

Brian has been doing better once we figured out the dosage and took him off the CBD.  My wife is a nurse and figured out part of his issue was the CBD we had him on to keep the husky side more calm is processed in the liver.  Looking on the web, it's processed in the liver and with his liver cancer, it may be affecting his other meds.

My Aussie Jamie was diagnosed with kidney disease a week ago.  Her two enzymes five times the highest number on the range.  Vet felt if we would flush the kidneys we have a shot bringing her around.  She passed away a couple hours ago.  The pick below was her last spa day just six weeks ago.  She was a spoiled rotten Daddys girl!  The other pic was her falling asleep in my hand.  Those eyes just told me "I'm done!"  RIP baby

spa day.jpeg

Jamies last day.jpeg

Jeff, so sorry to hear about Jamie. I know this is a difficult time for you and your family. 

Jerry

We had to put our Dane, Otto, down in mid-December.

The house just seemed so empty without him.

The couch sure was!

So, we found this little imp at a rescue a few hours from here.

Ivy.

A Dane/American Bulldog mix.

5 months old.

Instantly, she became best buds with 10 month old Dottie. She's not sure about 11 year old Roscoe, but he's ok with that.

A real snuggler. Nowhere near the high energy level of Dot, but she tries! :)

IMG_20230407_154658329_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230401_162850710.jpg

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about Otto , and yes they do leave a big hole when they go no matter what size they are.

Ivy is very cute ,she looks like she is going to be a big girl! Dottie looks very much like our neibors dog, she barks at us when we go by on our walks.

Jerry

We have two dogs, one is Monkey, my wife's rescue black pug. She's mostly blind and deaf, has had surgery for nasal conditions which were a result of breeding...she had recently again stopped breathing when she sleeps which results in her screaming and emptying her bladder. All-in-all She's happy, barks randomly when she loses my wife or just uncertain of what's going on. If there's any cooking, she's there and when there isn't she'll sit in front of the refrigerator. 

Lilac is my wife's other rescue pug. She hates vacuum cleaners, stairs and being picked up. (You don't pick up large dogs and she thinks she's a big dog, just ask her).

The funny thing is she likes me more than my wife...but the one thing she loves the most is the blanket we keep on the couch during cold weather.20230411_181803.thumb.jpg.722791b75fe3e79c0289729616cf8799.jpg20230323_214540.thumb.jpg.0bc6fae8eb59563108d8df61113e7d42.jpg

• Like 2

Graet pics Charles! Very cute.

Bill, good one, and very true.

I was in my hobby room when I herd scratching which told me Whiskey wanted in. My building session s cut short. This is what greeted me at the door! 

Happy spring everyone!

Whiskey3.jpg

• Like 2

This is Archie, the anarchist. He's a miniature golden retriever. Half golden, half St. Charles Cavalier. I know he looks harmless but he's doing a stretch in prison right now trying to get his act together. He's destroyed so many of my wife's clothes. We sure do miss him. Comes home May 1st.

IMG_0220.jpg

Edited by redscampi
  • Like 2

The one I had been dreading passed this afternoon.  He had a really bad breathing episode last night and I was up with him until 1a.  He finally settled in and went to sleep.  Wife got up this a.m. and he was sitting up in the big dog bed but his hind legs were not working (that is a condition of his paralyzed larynx).  Wife made THAT vet appointment and he passed before she and my older son was able to get him into her truck.  I was bracing for having to be there with him but he went on his terms.  Tracing back his chips, he was abandoned twice so I absolutely made sure he would not cross to the Rainbow Bridge alone!

RIP Brian Griffin.......

image.png.a376b727c6d7a986b98844580dea9e9d.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, HomerS said:

The one I had been dreading passed this afternoon.  He had a really bad breathing episode last night and I was up with him until 1a.  He finally settled in and went to sleep.  Wife got up this a.m. and he was sitting up in the big dog bed but his hind legs were not working (that is a condition of his paralyzed larynx).  Wife made THAT vet appointment and he passed before she and my older son was able to get him into her truck.  I was bracing for having to be there with him but he went on his terms.  Tracing back his chips, he was abandoned twice so I absolutely made sure he would not cross to the Rainbow Bridge alone!

RIP Brian Griffin.......

image.png.a376b727c6d7a986b98844580dea9e9d.png

Sorry to hear that. But he had a good life and family that loves him.

The heart was far from ready but Bear was depressed and separation anxiety was setting in.  I had an application in on an Aussie at a local rescue but I suspect some behind the scene funny business and she never made adoption event (had a UTI from getting spayed).  I should have known as they dont usually spay until they have a confirmed adopter.

This beauty was at a shelter two counties away.  They post on Facebook as they tour the kennels and mispresented her as they came around a corner surprising her so she came flying out of her bed and barked at the gate.  Once she realized it was staff, she just went back to her bed and laid down, but I saw her ID on the gate its an Aussie.  Filled out the application on Friday and got to meet her.  They also had a Border Collie mix but it was love at first sight.  She's a little smaller than my Jamie but clearly Brians personality.  Brought Bear back on Saturday for meet-n-greet and neither cared about the other one.  We've had a couple growls as Bear kinda walked through her new roomie's space but that is it.

Meet Shasta (wife wants to rename her Reily).....four year old Aussie.  She is a return to the shelter by a family that had small kids and she was growling/herding them.  (That is her job!)

thumbnail (15).jpeg

• Like 5

People forget that working dogs, though wonderful pets and companions are...working dogs, they need a job. Years ago i had a chow/retriever mix, I'd tell her to guard the car or the house when I  left and she took those jobs seriously. 

Best dog ever.

Edited by Calb56

So often people get a dog because they want a dog but don't take the time to research what breed of dog will mean different behaviors. We have had terriers and now a couple of terrier mix and they are high energy. We know that and are giving them the exercise they need. It takes some extra discipline to keep them in line but we know that. Keeps me young.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TonyK said:

So often people get a dog because they want a dog but don't take the time to research what breed of dog will mean different behaviors. We have had terriers and now a couple of terrier mix and they are high energy. We know that and are giving them the exercise they need. It takes some extra discipline to keep them in line but we know that. Keeps me young.

Very true... look at all the "doodle" mixes that became prevalent during Covid. Then with people going back to the "office" they have young, active dogs that have never been left alone and aren't trained and they don't understand the destructive behavior they now show because of separation anxiety.

My wife won't let me have large dogs now that we're getting older because she says she doesn't want a dog that she can't pick up if necessary. I understand but I'm used to dogs big enough to just look at you as if you're dumb and not actually breaking them. Now, I have to drag my feet in the house. Though I will admit, our pugs both "know" that they're big dogs...

• 2 weeks later...

After losing two senior Yorkies in March and April (Henry and Ginny), held off a bit but last week adopted two Yorkie puppies---sisters Lulu and Lola.    Haven't had a puppy in years, they are a lot of fun...and so much ENERGY!!!

IMG-9524.jpg

IMG-9523.jpg

• Like 3