Model Cars Magazine Forum

Conversion primarily for Police enthusiasts

Repstock

I'm converting the Supernatural Impala to a 4-door sedan. I'm leaving the side trim, as it is easier to remove than add. This body is more suitable for police use. I have a deal with a caster, I just need to finish this and raise the money for the initial run. If interested, stay tuned.

Police.JPG

Edited by Repstock

Tom,

The caster is charging you to cast the body?? 

Most good casters are happy to cast a finely mastered body - with necessary widgets and gadgets like bumpers,  grilles, seats, interiors, dashboards where necessary, etc. - supplying you an agreed-upon number of the product and reserving your authorization (read that "license") to sell them to the public.

🌵😎

25 minutes ago, Danno said:

Tom,

Most good casters are happy to cast a finely mastered body - with necessary widgets and gadgets like bumpers,  grilles, seats, interiors, dashboards where necessary, etc. - supplying you an agreed-upon number of the product and reserving your authorization (read that "license") to sell them to the public.

🌵😎

I've thought about getting what I've done before copied, I didn't know where to start.

14 hours ago, Danno said:

Tom,

🌵😎

We discussed different options. In the past, I've always gotten a few examples from the caster, and whatever they made after that was theirs. This caster preferred to offer me an entire run, and then I make my money back by selling them. I know of a very large caster that will also sell entire runs, return your master, and have no further stake in it. I'm OK with either system.

4 minutes ago, Repstock said:

We discussed different options. In the past, I've always gotten a few examples from the caster, and whatever they made after that was theirs. This caster preferred to offer me an entire run, and then I make my money back by selling them. I know of a very large caster that will also sell entire runs, return your master, and have no further stake in it. I'm OK with either system.

Gotcha.  Well, good luck with it - no matter which way you end up going.  Looks like a great product.

🌵😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 10:07 PM, Repstock said:

Looks like trouble. I was going to pay the caster with my Paypal funds, but I'm locked out of my account because I don't have a cell phone. Pretty sure I'm not going to be coerced into purchasing one just to please them.

How utterly ridiculous. I would try calling them directly, or sending an e-Mail. I'm sure something can be done. When I'm asked for a phone number, I just use my home phone unless it's absolutely necessary to use my mobile phone.

Worst case, there's always the option of a money order, certified, or bank cheque, and 2-day mail for a tracking number.

Charlie Larkin

9 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

How utterly ridiculous. I would try calling them directly, or sending an e-Mail. I'm sure something can be done. When I'm asked for a phone number, I just use my home phone unless it's absolutely necessary to use my mobile phone.

Worst case, there's always the option of a money order, certified, or bank cheque, and 2-day mail for a tracking number.

Charlie Larkin

More likely they want to track your activities to aim advertisements toward you (and your phone).

From Rachael, the Paypal moderator:

Thanks for posting in relation to this issue.

Unfortunately it is not currently possible to use PayPal without a mobile phone number attached to your account. This does not need to be a smartphone, a basic mobile will do. We use mobile verification as a means of confirming your identity when you are accessing your account.

Rachael 

Edited by Repstock