Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Bronco Half Cab Sandman II

Interesting, so it appears that they used this trailer modified to hold a waverunner in the Silverado Waverider combo kit from the early 2000s. It makes sense now since back then it seemed like a strange trailer for a simple waverunner with how wide it was and with the twin axles.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:12 AM, Jordan White said:

Interesting, so it appears that they used this trailer modified to hold a waverunner in the Silverado Waverider combo kit from the early 2000s. It makes sense now since back then it seemed like a strange trailer for a simple waverunner with how wide it was and with the twin axles.

That's good stuff, an interesting that they repurposed it for Waverider hauling duty.

The trailer is rather crude, with styrene tires and such, but it's a perfect match for the buggy again, and I don't think we'll be seeing the SIlverado/Waverider combo kit ever again:

RevellWaveriderTrailer.jpg.2c67a8752345c587153bd1f5e422364b.jpg

Revell also had a smaller, single axle trailer that was much better suited for two motorcycles. Was found in the Rough Rider Datsun set, Ridge Runner Courier set, Husky Hauler van set, among others. It must have been damaged by the time the Chevy 4x4 set came out. It would have been a much better fit for the Wave Rider.

15 minutes ago, Fabrux said:

Revell also had a smaller, single axle trailer that was much better suited for two motorcycles. Was found in the Rough Rider Datsun set, Ridge Runner Courier set, Husky Hauler van set, among others. It must have been damaged by the time the Chevy 4x4 set came out. It would have been a much better fit for the Wave Rider.

I doubt that, as the it was re-issued in 2003. I think it was more due to the Waverider being so huge. 

Revell Monogram Off Road Adventure Set 1/25 Model Kit 85 7693 Truck  Motorcycle | #1806529310

rev 81 11-960

3 hours ago, Fabrux said:

If anyone knows anything about this, you're my first guess. 😉

Sorry...this is new news to me as well....plus, since the Hobbico bankruptcy/debacle, my contacts with Revell have been few and far between. 

I'm surprised by this offering, but presuming the source behind the announcement legitimate, it's certainly an interesting choice.  I don't believe I have that Sandman buggy in the stash, and the half cab Bronco is cool too.  I'd buy one, FWIW....TIM 

Im going to be honest. im a kid at Christmas right now over this kit. I check on this topic every day to see if there is anymore news/info

I for sure will buy multiple copies. i dont care much about the bronco but the trailer and buggy. I would love to build this in a matching color set with some odd combos, like my el camino kit, my f150 kit. 

I just can't wait to get this in my hands

6 hours ago, DrKerry said:

I'd be a buyer just for the buggy and trailer!!!

Yeah, don't need another Bronco kit and I already have the half cabs from Olson Bros, so the Bronco might be traded off. Surprised they went with the stock body and not the Baja with the rear wheel openings cut.

4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Not sure, but it looks to me like the trailer wheels and tires came from Revell's 1/32 snap kits. As I remember them looking like that.

scan065.jpg.34e5259429821afa9e52ed1064bcd76e.jpg

Yeah, that's what they look like to me...never had the trailer, but built several of the Revell 1/32 snap kits as a kid..I remember building a custom El Camino w/ dirt bike that had wheels and tires like that.  Plastic tire that the wheel fits into, then snaps over the axle end.

Edited by Rob Hall

• 2 months later...

I'd be a lot more excited about this one if Revell had fixed the Bronco's grossly undersized wheels. Good thing that Fireball Modelworks or a Moebius Ford pickup kit can provide suitable replacements.

24 minutes ago, youpey said:

Where do you guys think would be the best place to pre-order this. I haven't found it listed anywhere. Or maybe its too soon?

Probably too soon, if I get it, I’ll probably just order from Model Roundup or Spotlight Hobbies once they have it for preorder. 

Revell doesn't seem to have a problem producing enough kits lately (see, Cadillac Lowrider), so sit tight and be patient. Getting their "announced" kits to the retail level seems to be their biggest hurdle, but eventually, they arrive (see Chevy Custom Van). The Bronco/Sandman Buggy should be all over eBay and the usual online retailers once the kits reach the retail level.

17228_ford_bronco_half_cab_sandman_ii_02.jpg.d0a0a58bd831a79a0acabdaa9b936ea9.jpg

I think the hurdle, as Casey mentions, has to do with the shipping issues plaguing everyone who is importing product from Asia. My employer is Japan based and many of our products come from Japan and what used to be a 21-28 day trip from there to here is now 60-80 days. It will get better, but it will be next year before it does. 

If someone REALLY wants a Bronco half cab, you can always buy the resin cab from Olson Bros. and convert an existing kit. 

i will be honest, i really only care about the buggy. the trailer is great too, but i have had my eye on that buggy for years when it came in the other kits. they are just too expensive to buy. when this comes out i will be buying at least 2, but probably 3 or so. i will keep one bronco just to have it, but my main want is the buggy...and im going to paint it that sweet orange too. its so nice

Edited by youpey

5 hours ago, youpey said:

i will be honest, i really only care about the buggy.

I was going to suggest waiting until some sellers parts out the kit, but who are we kidding. The desperate few will pay 2/3+ the price of the full kit to get that dune buggy, and since most people have had their fill of the Bronco at this point, there will be a glut of half-cab Broncos available, and few to no dune buggies.