Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gas Prices - GEEZ!!

We all must remember, though, when it comes to prices; What goes down must come up.

Yep, especially come Spring/Summetime, when a None Blended Gas is available(most Gas Companies will switch to a 10% Ethanol Blend during the Aug/Sept-Feb/Apr, as it helps to "Remove" Moisture from the gas supplies to keep it from Freezing.... What they don't tell you, is that it is done so that they can extend out their supplies in the General Winter Months, that way they will have more than enough supply when they up the Prices during Peak Vacation Travel Times <_< ...

Edited by Dragon7665

Just passed a gas station yesterday here in my part of Central PA, and it's a $1.79.

Yeah, don't expect prices to stay this low forever--------unless the economy gets really bad (collapse) it'll go back up again soon. :blink:

What I want is the heating oil to come way down in price! The last time I bought oil for the house, (end of October) it was $2.90/gallon. That adds up mighty fast when you need to fill up a 275 gallon tank! :):lol:

1.789 for premium today in Greenville SC; half a tank cost me all of $10.25 :) lowest premium here in Atlanta near me is 1.979 currently; I had to pay 4.49 for it at the highest post-hurricane price when premium was especially scarce. For some unknown reason they gouge 15 cents here for midgrade and 30 cents for premium; seems everywhere else in the country it's a 10-20 cent spread for midgrade and premium. Diesel is still about 1.20 higher than regular :lol:

Just passed a gas station yesterday here in my part of Central PA, and it's a $1.79.

Yeah, don't expect prices to stay this low forever--------unless the economy gets really bad (collapse) it'll go back up again soon. :P

What I want is the heating oil to come way down in price! The last time I bought oil for the house, (end of October) it was $2.90/gallon. That adds up mighty fast when you need to fill up a 275 gallon tank! :blink::P

Why don't you switch out your furnace to electric one? I use too have fuel oil, sure glad I switched to electric much cheaper. My sister still has fuel oil and is always bitching about the cost of it. I can not belive so many folks on the East coast still use fuel oil.

Why don't you switch out your furnace to electric one? I use too have fuel oil, sure glad I switched to electric much cheaper. My sister still has fuel oil and is always bitching about the cost of it. I can not belive so many folks on the East coast still use fuel oil.

Or better yet, natural gas.

I guess using oil must be an east coast/regional thing, because almost nobody does it that way here... natrural gas is how we do it. Also gas clothes dryer, cooking.

Or better yet, natural gas.

I guess using oil must be an east coast/regional thing, because almost nobody does it that way here... natrural gas is how we do it. Also gas clothes dryer, cooking.

I don't have the option of natural gas where I live or would have switched to it. I can only get propane gas and it is way more than natural gas.

James, I've had all three in the past (electric, gas, and oil) and all are expensive!

At least with oil you have the "luxury" of it coming down in price and not at the wim of the electric or gas company when they decide to really jack up the rates.

By 2010, PA is expected to significantly raise the electric rates here-------due to the caps expiring on electric rates at that time. I think I'll stick with oil. :lol:

I can tell you that I've heard more fire sirens go off from the fire station down the block from me than I can remember before. Sure enough, it's a house fire------due to someone who's had their electric (or gas) cut off due to lack of payment and they've tried to heat their homes by other means.

You can bet as the economy gets worse, you're going to hear a lot more of these stories as people get desperate to keep warm.

As far as the use of oil in the northeast...............it may be because the refineries are closer here? I don't know, or it could be the tradition of the type of homes built here were meant to use heating oil. :mellow: