Model Cars Magazine Forum

Remember Saturday morning cartoons?

think i may be a little younger than some people in this thread.

used to love me some Garfield and Friends

Disney had:

Goof Troop

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tails

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

Warner Bro's had:

Tiny Toon Adventures

Animaniacs

Pinky and The Brain

and we can't forget the Ninja Turtles!

10 hours ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

think i may be a little younger than some people in this thread.

used to love me some Garfield and Friends

Disney had:

Goof Troop

Darkwing Duck

Duck Tails

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

Warner Bro's had:

Tiny Toon Adventures

Animaniacs

Pinky and The Brain

and we can't forget the Ninja Turtles!

This is what my son loved t watch. Took him to two of their movies at th theater..

I grew up watching cartoons in the '60s, Saturday was my favorite day of the week. Guess what- I retired in October, and I have dvds of virtually ALL of those shows. I made a promise to myself to recreate those Saturdays, enjoy being a kid again- just like I do with my models!

On 5/16/2021 at 3:34 PM, JollySipper said:

^^ I remember all of the above that you've mentioned, Randy, especially Darkwing Duck...... That was probably my favorite one. He was a mix of a Batman type character and Inspector Gadget.........

How about the BeetleJuice cartoon?

i remember Beetle Juice, but wasn't really into it.  my brother on the other hand loved it.  as well as Batman the Animated Series, and to a lesser extent X-Men.

2 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

This is going in a different direction, but I always enjoyed Charlie Brown cartoons during all the holidays throughout the year.

Still do. Reminds me of happier times in my childhood. 

still go out of my way to watch those as well.  frosted my ever lovin's that it wasn't on network TV last year.  had to watch it on DVD instead.  but somehow that's just not the same.

also never miss Rudolph or Frosty.  been a few years sense i watch The Grinch though...  Garfield has a Christmas special that hasn't been on in a long time.  found it on youtube and watch it last year.

another personal favorite is The Year Without A Santa Claus.  i think the Heat Miser and Snow Miser song's are permanently etched into my head. 

also really like Mickey's Christmas Carol.  

i remember 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.

i vaguely remember Winnie The Poo And Christmas Too.   as well as the California Raisins Christmas Celebration.

back at the original topic.  i remembered there were 2 Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons i really liked.

also remembered Mighty Max.  it was pretty good.  Biker Mice from Mars.  Street Sharks (ninja turtles rip off), and Swat Kats The Radical Squadron.  Captain Planet (couldn't stand that one, but my brother liked it), Aladdin had a cartoon that wasn't bad.  Abu had his moments lol.  

Edited by Suburban_Hooligan

• 2 weeks later...