Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1963 Chevy II Station Wagon with Trailer

Casey

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Thanks for sharing that, Mike.

Are the loose parts pictured from the original mold (section? insert?)?

Same tires as included with the car it looks like?

I believe all of the trailer parts in my pic are from the "original" section, the same pieces I think are found in the '62 Buick kit (probably the original '63 Nova too-I don't have one of those).

It's hard to be 100% sure as after test-fitting various parts for various versions the parts and sprues are all seperated.

There are no flat fenders (as found in the '61 Buick trailer) present.

Correct re the tires.

Every time I dig into this bag of parts I'm really pumped about this one and can't wait to get a production kit.  

Edited by pack rat
  • Like 1

Thanks, Mike.

For comparison, here are the three previous kits which included the trailer:

1) AMT 1961 Buick Special Wagon:

AMT61BuickSpecialWagon4.jpg.0c67827b407433d6685931b864079b6a.jpg

2) AMT 1962 Buick Special Wagon:

AMT62BuickSpecialWagon4.jpg.6b27087a4a4b0b2598a622c0cdb92c11.jpg

3) AMT 1963 Chevy II Nova 400 Wagon:

AMT63ChevyIINova400Wagon5.jpg.c5e4ef3acc2dff1b5b4360fb9eced7ee.jpg

9 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

Mike, are the original custom parts in the kit? If so, how do they fit the new body?

That's a tough question to answer when looking at a test shot.  

Test shots typically contain all parts for all versions/variations of a particular kit, including parts in some instances that might be blocked off on production kits.

Without saying any more, I don't think you'll be disappointed, and I'll definitely be picking up more than one of these when they're released. 

One issue of this trailer had a set of two-piece open rims; the outer rim was a stepped ring and the inner rim had a raised center with lug nut detail. Nice looking piece I've never seen since (lost it and the lower spring/axle piece in the last move). Not the same as the '66 Vette open wheels; this fit a 13" tire. It has the old Chevy-pickup-style rear fenders.

Looking forward to seeing the new 6-cylinder; hopefully it will be an improvement on the original (no axle holes now!) plus we'll get a separate battery, radiator, and master cylinder this time.

REALLY hope the missing/polished-off detail on the interior will be fixed.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

Did that trailer ever come separate, like a Blueprinter Special?

I have one all by itself in a heavy plastic bag, with printed instruction sheet.  I bought it at a show years ago.  

yes kit Z22-35 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, alexis said:

Nobody knows about the Hemi Yet

Steve G would know.

1 hour ago, alexis said:

Round2 will have to play Mix & Match with the tooling to render the kit as shown in the box art. So, there is no telling what will be inside until we kit a kit to open. 

I'm sure we'll see a built up before too long, and maybe some images of the parts themselves. The body, frame/floor, clear parts interior, etc. should all be the same as the previous curbside release, so the all-new(?) engine and restored (or all new?) retro customizing bits and accessories are still a mystery.